Tater Guns - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

Tater Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #11
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 9371 Times on 5587 Posts
Likes Given: 12727

Originally Posted by amoroque View Post
Oh heck yeah! the good old days.......we would fill it up with Aqua Net.......for some reason has to be Aqua Net hairspray(ha ha ha)and let it rip.
We put a hole right thru the neighbors fence.....not good........
My oldest son and his buddy built potato guns. It had to be Aquanet Hairspray because it was the cheapest and had the highest alcohol content, which is what exploded upon sparking with the igniter. One of the maintenance men where I worked hosted a potato gun party on his farm every year. Everyone who had potato guns would bring them and they'd shoot the spuds out into the farm field and see who'd get more distance. Everyone would bring a dish to pass and the host would rent a 'beer truck' that had draft dispensers built into it, three on each side. I'd say about 200 people would attend in the course of the whole day (not all with potato guns, though). At night he'd pour gasoline on a HUGE bonfire. He'd pour a strip of gas from the bonfire to a distance away, light the strip and we'd all watch the fire go up the strip then explode into the bonfire pile. He'd also explode plastic bags of acetylene gas in the fire. He finally got married and had children and the parties ended after that. He was one crazy guy.