Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Switchblades?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Switchblades?

Are autos better known as switchblades legal in your state? Here in AZ we are fortunate enough to be able to own them. I know that when I was in Washington they were a no no. What about your state?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-23-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansman View Post
Are autos better known as switchblades legal in your state? Here in AZ we are fortunate enough to be able to own them. I know that when I was in Washington they were a no no. What about your state?
In New York State you have to be in law enforcement, an EMT, or have only one working hand to legally own what is commonly called a switchblade or out-the-front (OTF) knife or gravity knife.

This is, of course, nuts. I can buy and carry a fixed-blade knife in a sheath -- which is a faster draw than any auto -- but that's not considered illegal.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:06 PM   #3

Illegal here...I thought a knife couldn't be bigger than your palm here in chicago..that's just hearsay though but I should look it up to be sure..

~*~ Vernon Howard ~*~

Old 07-09-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Default Switchblades

Most states have a specific criteria for blade length. Texas- 3 1/2 inches max. The palm of the hand measurement is a quick reference (about 3 1/2 inches on MOST people).

Old 07-10-2007, 02:34 AM   #5

Legal to own here in NC but not legal to carry unless you are law enforcement, an EMT, or only have one arm. Which doesn't make sense anyway because I don't know many people who use two arms to operate a knife. But hey!

"Is the average person stupider than he was a generation ago? Or do you just run into more stupid people because fewer stupid people are getting eaten by bears?" - Bill Maher

Old 02-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

In Pa., legal to own as part of a collection, illegal for carry.