Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Stanley Fubar forcible entry tool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 06:33 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2439 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

I have the large one. It's a fine wrecking tool. I've done great

demo work with it. It is designed to twist 2X4s out of a framed

wall. Also has great weight for breaking and forcing. Sort of

like a light-weight Halligan. You can also swing it like a hammer,

but two-handed. The @ 3 pounds of weight lands a stiff blow

to standard walls or doors.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #12
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2753 Times on 1895 Posts
Likes Given: 558

I had the 18". Took it back. I have a pr. Of Channel locks, a Pipe Wrench, a pr. Of Cutters, and a 3' breaker bar/mini Sledge hammer. I also have stuff for more "Delicate" work. As for at home, I'm slowly "Rebuilding" my bench...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 03-24-2014, 11:16 PM   #13
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1274 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

There are a few smaller items that can be useful and won't break the bank and also fit in a medium sized duffle. The items below can be had for around $20-30 each on sale. The first is an Estwing axe and the other is a DeWalt pry bar. Both were purchased at Home Depot while on sale. The back of the axe can be used to drive the pry bar into door frames or anything frozen that's supposed to open. Axe is alternative entry tool and firewood producer, saving the weight of a hammer. If you anticipate chains being a problem, I would suggest adding a short bolt cutter, but good ones can run a C-note or better.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 03-25-2014, 02:18 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5248 Times on 2738 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
There are a few smaller items that can be useful and won't break the bank and also fit in a medium sized duffle. The items below can be had for around $20-30 each on sale. The first is an Estwing axe and the other is a DeWalt pry bar. Both were purchased at Home Depot while on sale. The back of the axe can be used to drive the pry bar into door frames or anything frozen that's supposed to open. Axe is alternative entry tool and firewood producer, saving the weight of a hammer. If you anticipate chains being a problem, I would suggest adding a short bolt cutter, but good ones can run a C-note or better.

The yellow one is a "I ain't dun nuttin'" tool. Usually found in the back pockets of innocent folk out in people's backyards doin nuttin'...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 03-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #15
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1274 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
The yellow one is a "I ain't dun nuttin'" tool. Usually found in the back pockets of innocent folk out in people's backyards doin nuttin'...
Which just proves a point of consumerism - Use what the professionals use!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 03-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1378 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 472

The flat bar is pretty handy. It will pry open windows without tearing up the window. One could easily pry off door trim. Then they could find an improvised hammer to chisel the dead bolt free. In a SHTF situation it would be light to carry.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 03-30-2014, 08:53 AM   #17
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2753 Times on 1895 Posts
Likes Given: 558

The Eastwing hatchet. I have a Coleman one that is just like it. I also have a very strong Coleman folding Camp Saw. Yesterday and last weekend I was trimming trees with it, since I don't have a Pole Saw or a Chain Saw( no offense meant to Poles, they have enough problems these days).

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 03-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiabe1 View Post
Hi all I realize its more of a tool than a weapon but what are your thoughts on one of these as a tool for bugging out? Also if any of you have one how does it compare to the fubar fatmax you can get for half the price?
Forgive me for asking the obvious question, but what would your intended uses be?

The bar you posted about is not a forcible entry tool. It's a demo tool. Are you planning to scavenge supplies in a SHTF scenario? Are you planning to use it to claim shelter without being obvious about it? Are you wanting it for breaking into vehicles? All three of my suggested uses could be done better and with less risk of injury by using a different tool.

What do you want to do with it?

Old 03-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #19
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1711 Times on 933 Posts
Likes Given: 545

How would you plan to carry all that heavy stuff? The hatchet and small flat pry bar make a lot more sense.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
How would you plan to carry all that heavy stuff? The hatchet and small flat pry bar make a lot more sense.
If you're replying to me I completely agree with you. The problem is that depending on what he intends to use them for there may be even better tools available.

If he wrote a post asking us what we thought of paracord many of us would tell him it's great stuff and handy to have around. Keep in mind he hasn't told us what he wants to use it for. What if he wanted it to lower his kids out of his 5th floor apartment window in the event of a fire. Paracord isn't so good anymore.