Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   "Spring loaded" knives (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/spring-loaded-knives-24939/)

Westy 03-21-2010 12:12 PM

"Spring loaded" knives

Anyone know if there is still places selling knife kits that are spring loaded? Just curious. I bought a couple many years ago for S & G's......

spittinfire 03-21-2010 12:13 PM

There are a lot of manufacturers making assisted opening knives, shouldn't be hard to find....unless I missed a new law.

canebrake 03-21-2010 01:30 PM

These are not kits, they are automatics.

Side Opening Automatics - Blade HQ

Out The Front Automatics - Blade HQ

I have purchased several autos from them, good service and fast shipping.

Franciscomv 03-21-2010 03:45 PM

Guys, I think the OP is looking for knife kits, not finished knives.

Westy, here are a couple of places worth checking out. They've got a variety of knife kits, some of them are spring assisted.

RoadsideImports LLC (or Automatic Switchblade Knife Kits Conversion & Instructions for Automatic Knives, same company). Specializes in autos and assisted openers. They've got finished knives from different manufacturers as well as conversion kits and complete knife kits.
www.knifekits.com carries Darrel Ralph designed kits, which are some of the best folding knife kits for the price.

www.texasknife.com has a few kits as well. Their service is good, but make sure to call them and check what they've got in stock (I think they offer more or less the same folding knife kits as www.knifekits.com).

zeskullmaster 06-08-2010 02:48 AM

Hey I am a retired long haul truck driver and if you want a spring loaded knife hit the truck stops they are cheap but they usaly carries tons of those

Benning Boy 02-14-2011 01:48 AM

Google "Mikov", finest quality auto kit available.

Mossyoakman3006 09-28-2011 05:10 AM

Canebrake since you are from FL and a LEO at least that was my impression. I have a buddy who is coming back from deployment and has a Gerber 06 auto can he carry it in this state? I looked in the statute book and the only thing that I could find was referring to a ballistic knife where the blade comes off the handle, maybe I missed it? Sorry might be off topic just looking for advice.

Durangokid 09-28-2011 05:51 AM

The Federal Law banning switch blade knives was passed around 1955 or so. The states could opt out if they chose to do so. There is however interstate rules on these knives. The knives are legal in my state. You need to check state laws if you travel with an auto knife. Some states allow concealed handguns but ban auto knives.:confused:

BillDeShivs 10-02-2011 06:33 AM

There is no federal law banning switchblade knives, except on federal property and land, not in the states..
There was a law passed in 1958 banning switchblades in "interstate commerce."

Hairtrigger 10-02-2011 12:19 PM

Microtech Automatic Knives for sale - Blade HQ
I looked at these at the SHOT show, they are very well made