speargun
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

speargun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default speargun

My dad gave me his speargun that he got when he was in the navy back in the early 80s. I need to replace the bands and also the trigger broke on me. All I know is that he bought it in turkey and I can't seem to find the right trigger for it.

Anyone else have experience and could point me in the right direction?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #2

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

How did the trigger break? Did it snap off? Or is it just not working? And what company made it? As people usually say for a thread like this, photos would be helpful.

Vae Victis

Old 05-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #3

it snapped off, went to go pull it and the plastic just gave way. Yilmaz makes it, there is no English on it only the Turkish language. I will try to have pictures later tonight when I get home. The Bands connect in the wishbone and then the muzzle, not the wrap around type, and there is also 4 bands instead of 2. Basically what I am looking for is a dealer that would supply a new trigger, I believe I found 4 new bands from scubastore.com

Old 05-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedtrucks4me View Post
My dad gave me his speargun that he got when he was in the navy back in the early 80s. I need to replace the bands and also the trigger broke on me. All I know is that he bought it in turkey and I can't seem to find the right trigger for it.

Anyone else have experience and could point me in the right direction?

About 25 years ago I worked for a diving equipment manufacturer/reseller. We manufactured spear gun bands in many sizes. Replacement triggers can be found, but they are simple enough that you could, in many cases, just use a Dremel to make one if you have the original as a template. In many cases it's just pushes a release lever. What is the manufacturer?

Heck, it's even possible that I personally made the band on your speargun .. We made thousands of them each week.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #5
d-r

Pics would definitely help. A trigger should be fairly easy to fab, depending on the FCG complexity. With pics, it should be possible to get something made, ranging from plastic to aluminum (which would be great from a durability perspective). Type III hard anodize is pretty tough. We'll get 'er working again!

D-R