SOG Knives - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

SOG Knives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 51 Times on 40 Posts

I too am a fan of many SOG products... I have a Flash II partially serrated and I love it. Really light weight, super deep carry, and generally pretty well made... Also fast deploying and the lockup on mine is rather solid... That said, there are a LOT of great knives in the same price category... I carry my Kershaw Skyline daily... Lightweight, thin, and super sharp... Made with Sandvik 14c28n steel it really holds a sharp edge.... Got mine for fairly cheap so I tested it cutting beer cans in half and some cardboard slicing... Still extremely sharp without being touched up...

Old 03-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #22

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I paid the big bucks for the SOG Tomcat and should have checked my state laws first. I like it and it's extremely sturdy.

The problem is... It's against the law for me to carry it off my property. SOG states the blade is 3-3/4" long, but that's the cutting edge. From tip to handle it's a shade over 4" and that's the measurement used to determine blade length. So, it's unlawful and a crime to carry this knife even with a HCP.

SOG Knives - Other Weapons

Old 03-18-2013, 03:02 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessRegard

Not saying its recommended, but on both of my tridents and my flash, I super glued the locking switch in the unlocked position. In 10 years or so, I've never had an issue with the knives open when they weren't supposed to. Once a year I reapply a bit of super glue and I am good to go.
Defiantly somethen I might try out. If it don't work Im sure sog will be happy to replace a "failed" locking switch if I don't like.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal6

I had that same exact knife! I miss it so much had it taken away from me on my way back from Afghanistan. Apparently we weren't allowed to bring back spring loaded knives I'm envious of u brother
Go look on amazon their cheaper there than anywhere else I've seen. Also they have the about seven different ones to choose from.