Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Other Weapons (
-   -   Sog flash 2 question (

JMAtactical 07-10-2013 06:05 AM

Sog flash 2 question
Ok so I love my SOG but I have one question. The blade lock switch that you use to unlock the blade so you can fold it down... Is it supposed to move freely when the blade is closed?? I mean when I have the blade closed it can be moved from unlocked to lock position and when I do open the blade the lock switch only moves half way to the fully locked position but the blade locks up fine... Does anyone have any info please before I decide to send it back

RecklessRegard 07-10-2013 11:36 AM

It is fine. The lock is not engaged, so there is no tension on the lock. All of my SOGs do the same

JMAtactical 07-10-2013 04:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by RecklessRegard
It is fine. The lock is not engaged, so there is no tension on the lock. All of my SOGs do the same

And what about the lock switch not moving all the way forward even tho the blade locks up fine?

Attachment 109677

RecklessRegard 07-10-2013 05:10 PM

Not sure about that one... When the blade is out on my tridents, the locks have very little wiggle... Call SOG and see what they say.

icallshotgun88 07-10-2013 05:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have a very similar knife..

SOG aegis tanto...and when the blade is out and locked, the switch is firmly at the top.

Maybe contact SOG and see if you can send it in fr fixing or replacement.

JMAtactical 07-11-2013 04:12 AM

I'm not to worried because the knife locks up fine but I will be calling SOG in the morning for sure to ask what I should do

JMAtactical 07-11-2013 03:49 PM

Ok so SOG said that its normal. The knife has to go through a break in period and some of the new knives do that. He said it will travel all the way to the front in time. Cool I said haha. Thank y'all for the advice to call SOG