So what's wrong with an American Buck Knife? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > So what's wrong with an American Buck Knife?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default knives that you get from Walmart!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeverGunner View Post
I dont own a buck 110, but i have a copy made by Jet Aer Corp of japan that was my dads.

I do plan to get a 110 though and recently been researching them. They are and have continued to be made in the USA. Buck makes some knives in china but not the 110 or 112(the110s lil brother) . I know some of the pocket knives you get at walmart are made in china.

Just about any fixed blade knife would be better suited to the woods then a folder. But there isnt anything wrong with the 110, it's a good solid knife. I would prefer chrome vanadium blades, but i see the value of a stainless steel. If i was going to make a survival pack that included a knife. I would consider the 110. Compact and reliable are a must sometimes.
ALL of the knives that you get from Walmart, and most everything from Walmart is made in China, the rest is made in Pakistan. "friends don't let friends buy knives from Walmart!" Everyone out to own at least one knife made in the USA. Bear and Son is still made here, and affordable. Canal Street is still made here, and so is Case XX.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 58 Times on 32 Posts

I've had a Buck Bantam for about a year in half and put it through hell and back. Used it as a prybar, jimmy-jacked locks and doors with it, used it as a hammer, as a screwdriver, skinned about 20 or so fish with it, cut wires, cables, tree branches, rope, opened tons of boxes and envelopes, even have thrown it into trees out of boredom before.

The blade is starting to dull and the tip is a little chipped, so I'm thinking about sending it back to them, but that means I'd be without the thing for a while.