Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Shooting underwater

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Shooting underwater

I forget that I have this hanging up on my wall. Don't use it too much here in the mountains.
I thought you guys might enjoy it...

Custom made Speargun, 6'4" with .357 magnum powerhead.

Under my shirt? Oh that..it's a cell phone.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #2

Liked 180 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 184

what in the hell is the 357 mag for?

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 12-02-2011, 12:48 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 984 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

super mad sharks what else , when you miss with the spear what else would u use you only get one shot ya know

Old 12-02-2011, 01:01 AM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1798 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

BEN!

Now that is just D---n COOL!
Thanks for sharing the pics! Where did you use it at before. Pacific, Atlantic, Gulf???? What have you shot with it regarding the Spear as well as the 357 Mag.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:46 AM   #5

Default Fishin'!

I ran a dive shop in the 'Keys for 10 years, before that I was a commercial diver.
Some machinist boys who came down from the mainland all the time..big into spearfishing. Always bought all their stuff from me. They made a few of these and turned me onto one.
I used this gun (I had several of all sizes) to shoot the big fish. 40 pound Groupers and such, usually in 80-100 foot of water. A big Grouper has a head 30 to 40 inches in diameter and it takes a helluva wallop to sink a spear into it.
It's illegal to hunt fish with a powerhead or bangstick. But you sure as hell can use them for self protection. I never had any problems with sharks, they'd eyeball you but would generally keep their distance. Every now and then you might hafta poke one with the spear, and they'd dart off.
The barracuda's however...fearless SOB's would swim right up to you and try to take your fish. And they're fast as hell. First couple of times that happens it scares the s**t outta you, but then it becomes a pisser. The powerhead would just about blow the head clean off a 5' cuda.

Under my shirt? Oh that..it's a cell phone.