Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Other Weapons (
-   -   Several blades (

Shoobee 01-03-2012 12:45 PM

Several blades
1 Attachment(s)
Whenever I go hunting, or hiking, or take to the field range targets at the archery range, I always have several blades with me. They each perform a specific function and they are all necessary.

- the hatchett chops off branches that may be overhanging across the trail, and when field dressing, I use this to split open the rib cage and pelvis of the carcass rather than dull my knife.

- the hunting knife on the belt is a dual blade skinning and gutting knife.

- the machete is for clearing brush or bushes choking the trail, and as a weapon if I need one against four legged or two legged predators, anytime I don't have my Smith&Wesson or Remington with me in the field.

- the jack knife is my backup, goes with me wherever I go. One of the first things my father taught me, besides always telling the truth and never playing with fire, is always to carry a knife.

spack762 01-14-2012 05:03 PM

Nice set up.
My father also told me to carry a knife. I still have the first knife he gave all those years ago. Dont carry it, keeping it safe to pass diwn again.
Now i carry two or more knivies everyday, home, work or field.
My leatherman freestyle, and my ColdSteel ReconScout. Between those two i can handle just about any task.

jjfuller1 01-14-2012 06:58 PM

what brand of hatchet is that? ive been thinking of getting one

Shoobee 01-15-2012 05:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The hatchett is called a "Trailblazer." I got it at the local premier outdoors sporting good store.

I like it because of the angle on the handle.

jjfuller1 01-15-2012 11:49 AM

thanks. i saw gerber has one that looks similar. thats why i asked.... your picture reminds me of 782 gear lol

Shoobee 01-16-2012 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 677619)
thanks. i saw gerber has one that looks similar. thats why i asked.... your picture reminds me of 782 gear lol

Exactly. That's how I set it up, to duplicate 782 gear.

I got the belt and water bottle pouch at a local high end camping store, the suspenders at a hardware store, and the pouch at a GI Surplus store. The blades were a special order from the Sportsmans' Supply catalog. Note also the hook which holds the bow, when you are glassing with binos.

The pouch holds a small tube of TP and a sandwich or bag of dried fruit. Plus also a couple of archery tools. The machete is positioned so I can draw it quickly on an archery hunt if need be. In Calif during the archery season you are not allow to bring a firearm.

Shoobee 05-04-2012 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are the twin fangs. At least one of them goes with me everywhere. Sometimes both.