Self defense knives - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Self defense knives

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 7,037
Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Old and beat. Decided to carry this one today.
image-2984723672.jpg  
__________________
Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post

Kershaw for me won't hold an edge very long. Sharpens fast and well but dulls fast.
I didn't have that issue. Actually, I'm pretty sure the one I carried the most, I never once had to sharpen. And it went through hell. Then eventually broke when I used it to just slightly snug down a screw in an outlet plate.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 7,037
Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I didn't have that issue. Actually, I'm pretty sure the one I carried the most, I never once had to sharpen. And it went through hell. Then eventually broke when I used it to just slightly snug down a screw in an outlet plate.
After I would cut a line or anything really it would go dull. Maybe just not as sharp as I liked. I still like it. I've had it for at least 6 years.

Tip broke? On that?!
__________________
Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jagermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,814
Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Default

Fixed blade? How about a smaller K-Bar knife.
010.jpg   011.jpg   012.jpg  
Jagermeister is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post

After I would cut a line or anything really it would go dull. Maybe just not as sharp as I liked. I still like it. I've had it for at least 6 years.

Tip broke? On that?!
Tip? Try half the damn blade. And the screw wasn't even finger right.

Another one I had, the tip flew off when I opened the knife.

Actually, the sturdiest one I had, the tip was already broken off when I found it on the ground. I took a file to it and reshaped the blade.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 311
Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
Fixed blade? How about a smaller K-Bar knife.
I like it but that still looks too big for my purposes. I need something light that I can carry horizontal on the front of my belt.
okieboy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 7,037
Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Tip? Try half the damn blade. And the screw wasn't even finger right.

Another one I had, the tip flew off when I opened the knife.

Actually, the sturdiest one I had, the tip was already broken off when I found it on the ground. I took a file to it and reshaped the blade.
Damn!!!!! That sucks.
__________________
Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 106
Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts

Default

Cold Steel is excellent quality and value. I don't know the exact name but the mini Pendleton is a very solid knife.
hkhunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jagermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,814
Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Default

How about a boot knife that also attaches to your belt. The blade is very light and much smaller. Very, very sharp. This one is made by Herbertz. A German company that does export to the US.
017.jpg   018.jpg  
Jagermeister is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 311
Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
How about a boot knife that also attaches to your belt. The blade is very light and much smaller. Very, very sharp. This one is made by Herbertz. A German company that does export to the US.
That's exactly the type I'm looking for
okieboy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
SOG Knives zaitsev44 Other Weapons 23 03-18-2013 03:05 AM
Knives.... SDK73 Hunting Forum 16 01-28-2012 06:23 PM
S&W Knives bizy Other Weapons 12 05-16-2011 10:40 PM
Let's see some well used knives! Franciscomv Other Weapons 41 03-31-2010 02:54 PM
New products! Black Rain Defense, Kaiser Defense, Armalite, and many others! marksarmory.com Sponsor Display 0 09-23-2009 07:12 PM



Newest Threads