Review: Kershaw Blur - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

Review: Kershaw Blur

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
LOVE the Blur!!!! I have the Tanto and it's actually my third. I ended up giving the first two to friends that wouldn't give them back after I let them handle mine.

I never leave the house without one!
Review: Kershaw Blur - Other Weapons
I have the Tanto as well. It really is a well made knife!

Old 08-21-2011, 07:27 AM   #12

I have to agree I really like the Black Blur I bought the Tanto with serrated Blade at wally world.
I'm talking myself into a drop point Black Blur now.
Joe-R

Old 08-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I kike Kershaw knifes and almost bought the Blur awhile back. I ended up getting the Needs Work at that time, but I still intend to get a Blur at some point. I also have a Kershaw Scallion and the Chill. I'm very happy with all of them.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just an update...

The 420HC steel of the cheaper Blur is surely not as good as the Sandvik 14c28n. The 420HC is softer that the sharp edges tend to "fold" on mine (can be easily seen if you look at the edge w/ proper light due to reflection).

Still a great knife and offers excellent value but IMHO, spend a little more and get the 14c28n version if you can.

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Old 08-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #15

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poink88 View Post
Just an update...

The 420HC steel of the cheaper Blur is surely not as good as the Sandvik 14c28n. The 420HC is softer that the sharp edges tend to "fold" on mine (can be easily seen if you look at the edge w/ proper light due to reflection).

Still a great knife and offers excellent value but IMHO, spend a little more and get the 14c28n version if you can.
That is 100% true. You have to watch out because some sites do not specify what they are selling you.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #16

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poink88 View Post
Just an update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
That is 100% true. You have to watch out because some sites do not specify what they are selling you.
Agreed. The Amazon seller lists it as the 440A, but mine is definately a 14c28 based on info that I found on a blade forum. My blade doesn't have a Born On Date (BOD) which Kershaw stopped putting on these blades after July/09. The switch from 13c26 to 14c28 was march/09. So, despite the vedor not updating their description, they appear to be selling the latest and greatest blades (steel).

Also, the older knives had a old red, white, and blue box design. The newer ones have a dark red on red design (not sure when this occured).

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 08-22-2011, 11:44 PM   #17

Liked 355 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 64

What are the Kershaw knives that open like the Leek with just your index finger? I EDC a Leek and would like to get another Kershaw. Really love that lightning fast opening. The Blur looks like a great knife. Love the textured handle and that would probably make it a little handier than the Leek. I carry the Leek because I teach school and it is so slim that you can't even tell I have a knife in my pocket.