Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Replaced handles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Great work! Those Carbon V knives were made by Camillus for Cold Steel, and are excellent. The only bad thing about them were the rubber handles (I know it's practical, but I'll never warm up to that stuff) and you fixed that. I've been meaning to replace the handle on my Carbon V Master Hunter ever since I got it.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, I love it when people customize their knives. I really like how the micarta SRK turned out, I'm usually more of a wood guy but I think the contrast between the micarta and all those pins looks lovely.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 09-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Thanks, Francisco. The Master Hunter is my favorite all around blade, and is the reason I did not order an FTF knife.

I HATE the rubber handles, though I have a few Carbon V (LTC, Gurkha, Mini Gurkha, etc) Kukris that I left the rubber on. I just removed all the checkering and they are easier to use. Plus the rubber dampens some of the shock when hacking wood.

I re-made some of the Master Hunters and SRK's for friend's, as well. The one with the Black Paper Micarta looks WAY better in person than it does in my lousy pics.

I still have about a half a dozen CS knives in boxes waiting for new handles. It just takes time, but once I get started it is a lot of fun.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."