Is this for real? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Is this for real?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
Good points. I ignorantly bought what I thought would become a rare collectible that would increase in value as the controversial KKK became an increasingly distant part of American history. You're not the first to suggest using it as the tool it was intended to be. I won't, though. I already put it back in the box where it will remain until I, undoubtedly, will revisit it in another twenty years, consider its value, and probably give it to one of the grandchildren who will, of course, lose or destroy it without hesitation or consideration of its history. Then again, it's just a knife.
It looks like a neat piece to me. Would love to have it as a collector. Have you had it looked at?
Old 07-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #32
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7468 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 15369

I have never had anyone look at it. Now that the Internet is our resource for search, I looked a bit and found that Case claims it to be counterfeit.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 07-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #33

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Good points. I ignorantly bought what I thought would become a rare collectible that would increase in value as the controversial KKK became an increasingly distant part of American history. You're not the first to suggest using it as the tool it was intended to be. I won't, though. I already put it back in the box where it will remain until I, undoubtedly, will revisit it in another twenty years, consider its value, and probably give it to one of the grandchildren who will, of course, lose or destroy it without hesitation or consideration of its history. Then again, it's just a knife.
I think its a piece of history aftermarket or not . If we deny where we came from we can never move forward. Id LOVE to own that . If you ever wanna sell it or trade for something def hit me up. I love case knives and would be honored to own it and would promise not to resell or let it be destroyed.

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #34

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
I have never had anyone look at it. Now that the Internet is our resource for search, I looked a bit and found that Case claims it to be counterfeit.
I would still take it to have it looked at by a knife collector/ appraiser you never know. If you found out it was in fact real and it's just being denied imagine the money from that in the future. IMO
Old 07-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #35
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7468 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 15369

I'll list it here if I ever decide to sell or trade it.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Gh0zt36 Likes This