Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > R.I.P. R. W. Loveless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 05:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Dune, I dug around and found my copy of "How To Make Knives" by Richard w. Barney and Robert W. Loveless. Definitely worth a read. Mine cost $14 a few years ago, they might have it at a nearby library. I'm going to read it again in honor. Would suggest it to anyone.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #12

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

A Master Craftsman that will leave a long lasting legacy.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #13

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
His genius has been judged by about 40 years of "innovation" now, and most of the "cutting edge" designs(including mine) are derivations on his work. If you think I lack admiration for Mr. Loveless; well, I know you're uninformed because you know damn little of me.
I love ya JD, you've been damn decent to me since I discovered this coffeeklatch, but I think sometimes you're a wee bit fond of bringing the hammer down with a "declaration of truth".
I think if you knew Dillinger as well as you do knives, you'd have read JD's post as the humorous response it was.

"All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!" - cane

"People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids?...It’s just not right. It’s not right. It’s not, it’s not going to change anything. We’ll, we’ll get our justice....Please, we can get along here. We all can get along. I mean, we’re all stuck here for a while. Let’s try to work it out. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to work it out." - Rodney King

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I think if you knew Dillinger as well as you do knives, you'd have read JD's post as the humorous response it was.
It's true, that post was entirely in jest and was not meant to offend. Mea Culpa.

JD

Old 09-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

No offense taken. I've just been being misunderstood a bunch lately.