Pennsylvania: WTF???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Pennsylvania: WTF???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default Pennsylvania: WTF???

So I'm on the throne, flipping through a BudK catalog (yeah, yeah, I know), and I see they will not ship batons, blackjacks, of stun guns to Pa.

A couple of months ago, no problem.

Did I miss something?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I hear PA is almost the new CA. Ive heard this type of thing from several people.

I carry a 1 inch guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. Its not whiz-bang tactical, but one shot to the grape, and its coloring books for Christmas.

Advocate For Armed America Because Your Attorney Can Get You Out Of Jail, Not Out Of A Grave.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I don't know BB. My sister wants me to move back to PA but some of their laws make me think twice. If you want a stun gun ship it to me and I'll mail it to you. The only payment I ask is that I can try it on the neighbors cat.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I really neither need or want these things, but it's weird that it just sort of popped up.

They've always had restrictive knife laws here, but less than lethal options were okay.

And yet brass knuckles can still be had for some reason. Illegal to use, of course, but still available for sale.

And we're an open carry state.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #5

Liked 1217 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 386

probably a bit of Maryland rubbing off on you.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 03-19-2010, 01:28 AM   #6

i know of none of this.

i know there is an issue with brass knuckles, supprised they can be shipped here. anything else though, idk. ive never had a problem.

i dont think pa' s that bad, what laws are we talking about?? i can own anything i want and get it easily (other than the brass knuckles, for some reason) mace, any knives, stun guns, battons, collapsable battons, guns w/ pistol grips and flash hiders, belt fed weapons, hi cap mags, even anything nfa as long as i do teh paperwork.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:42 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The liberal bastidges are infiltrating everywhere.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-19-2010, 04:13 AM   #8

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Fast Eddie Rendell is a gun grabber from way back...as Mayor of Philly he headed up the efforts to allow cities to sue gun manufacturers for crimes committed with their products.

You guys need a Repub Governor like New Jersey has...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-19-2010, 04:19 AM   #9

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Fast Eddie Rendell is a gun grabber from way back...as Mayor of Philly he headed up the efforts to allow cities to sue gun manufacturers for crimes committed with their products.

You guys need a Repub Governor like New Jersey has...
Philly is just a wart on New Jersey's ass.

PA always harassed us (back in the day) when we drove over there with headers and glass packs.

Real tight-assed about their auto laws back then. I had a 1965 Chevelle Malibu SS. Looked just like this:

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 03-19-2010 at 04:36 AM.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #10

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Philly is just a wart on New Jersey's ass.

PA always harassed us (back in the day) when we drove over there with headers and glass packs.

Real tight-assed about their auto laws back then. I had a 1965 Chevelle Malibu SS. Looked just like this:

Ever do any racing on Front St?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington