Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   pellet rifles ammo (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/pellet-rifles-ammo-77283/)

Marlinman 11-28-2012 06:09 AM

pellet rifles ammo
 
2 Attachment(s)
Ill start this out w some of my favorites. Seems like a good way to find out what others use and why;)

Crossman destroyers

Attachment 71825


Gamo rockets

Attachment 71826

trip286 11-28-2012 06:22 AM

Haven't figured out what the pellet rifle likes yet, all we've shot are BBs, which don't group, they pattern.

Blueguns 11-28-2012 06:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Those both look good, I'm gonna see if I can get my hands on some at Big5 this weekend.

Here's the ones I'm using.

From left to right; Gamo Accuracy, Diablo Basic, RWS Superpoint

The Gamo is a 7.5 something grain, and the Superpoint is an 8.2 grain. I'm unsure of the Diablo.

Marlinman 11-28-2012 06:24 AM

I get mine at walmart blue if that helps

Blueguns 11-28-2012 06:34 AM

Alright I'll also check there. The only reason I like Big5 is because the manager is extremely helpful.

Has anyone shot those Benjamin hollow points? If so did you like them?

Marlinman 11-28-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueguns
Alright I'll also check there. The only reason I like Big5 is because the manager is extremely helpful.

Has anyone shot those Benjamin hollow points? If so did you like them?

Ya iv shot em and crosmans hp's shoot better to my way of thinkin. Helpfuls always good;) nice avatar btw.

Holmes375 11-28-2012 07:50 AM

I use the Crossman Destroyers for tree rat control on my property - tough little buggars they are.

I like the looks of that Gamo pellet and will have to try some.

Blueguns 11-28-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlinman

Ya iv shot em and crosmans hp's shoot better to my way of thinkin. Helpfuls always good;) nice avatar btw.

Yeah many say they're okay but not their favorite. I like the price to quantity part though. Thanks, I've been listening to "Dixie" alot lately so it seemed fitting.

HotFudge 12-04-2012 08:27 PM

Crossman Destoryers are my old standby. Have pretty decent kockdown power, they'll kill decent-sized rodents and birds even if the impact isn't in a kill-spot. I've also used Gamo Raptors, but I've never actually shot at something to kill with 'em though.

Don't use anything PBA though, they're hot garbage. Have absolutely no accuracy.

Marlinman 12-04-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotFudge (Post 1038742)
Crossman Destoryers are my old standby. Have pretty decent kockdown power, they'll kill decent-sized rodents and birds even if the impact isn't in a kill-spot. I've also used Gamo Raptors, but I've never actually shot at something to kill with 'em though.

Don't use anything PBA though, they're hot garbage. Have absolutely no accuracy.

I agree w you totally on the pba's


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:00 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.