Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Is this "Other Weapons"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1459 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I doubt you would get in much trouble if you use a little common sense and just use hair spray for propellent. I build this one about 20 years ago and its been in the back of my shop ever since. I had a guy working on my pond and he mentioned his son had just built a potato gun and that made me dig mine back out. I will say that when you fire it you get a pretty good "thump" noise. I fired it a couple of weeks ago using the usual 1-2 second of spray and it sounded like a 22 mag. and I never saw the potato come out but it did. Supersonic? I don't know but it sure sounded like it.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 07-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 849 Times on 519 Posts
Likes Given: 334

Mine is almost 5 ft. long and 2.5" wide. Using cheap hairspray it will launch a 12 oz. tater farther than you can see.

VERY impressive! Like, stunning to all that see it.

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 07-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 883 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 224

I think the BATF views this as a homemade rocket launcher capable of bringing down low flying planes. You folks that have one, might think about breaking them back down to plumbing components before you get raided by a over zealous gov looking for homeland terrorists. In a day and age where a bottle rocket will land you a criminal record and even jail time in some areas of the country, be careful a toy does not land you in a federal prison.