Other interests ...?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Other interests ...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4287 Times on 2386 Posts
Likes Given: 21553

Default Other interests ...?

What are some of the other interests that people do . I would love to see some other skills anybody has employed in their hobbies or self defensive arsenals . Anything from knife throwing to whatever it is . Show us please , I lov this stuff !

Now , my own interests started in my youth , about the age of nine . I had an abusive father and as a way to protect my mother , I knew I had to do something . By age eleven , I started martial arts at school . I took this further with my paper route money , a real school of offence , a way to even the playing feild . By thirteen , I'd accomplished what needed .

Bruce Lee was the big thing in that era and everybody was into nunchucks . Me being different , I had to find something different , the katana . Many years and martial arts schools later , the sword became part of me . It's lasted all my life . I have interests in all forms of defense so show me what yaul do , I would lov to see it . Don't be shy , show me !

Last edited by dango; 03-22-2015 at 09:55 PM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-22-2015, 10:15 PM   #2

Liked 3615 Times on 2065 Posts
Likes Given: 2505

As far as other defensive skills, I enjoy cooking broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels's sprouts. I usually sautè or roast with olive oil and garlic, sometimes I prefer a cheese sauce. I usually serve these dishes as a side with meat and starch, all washed down with a cold Yuengling Lager, often followed by a nice dairy-based dessert, such as Turkey Hill Double Dunker ice cream or a yogurt and fruit concoction.

Then I sit back and relax, secure in the knowledge that my "6" is covered!

Old 03-22-2015, 10:27 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1159 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 511

Smoking meat...classical violin...woodworking...brewing...home projects.
Want to learn:
Pistol marksmanship
Reloading
Concrete countertop forming/installation
Pork rib cooking...😁
Old 03-22-2015, 10:52 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
As far as other defensive skills, I enjoy cooking broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels's sprouts. I usually sautè or roast with olive oil and garlic, sometimes I prefer a cheese sauce. I usually serve these dishes as a side with meat and starch, all washed down with a cold Yuengling Lager, often followed by a nice dairy-based dessert, such as Turkey Hill Double Dunker ice cream or a yogurt and fruit concoction.

Then I sit back and relax, secure in the knowledge that my "6" is covered!
Ah weed-hopper , the art of frozen food ......? LOL......! broccoli too the temple , parry with a side of sprouts to the crotch , (oooomph) a back flip and a gouge with the frozen Icy cold Yuengling to the eye (Salish) spin around and deliver the asparagus in the ear (squit) the final blow (thump) rock hard roast to the face (smoosh) .....(thud). The end ...!

When you can take this cheese from my hand .....? Hey , I wasn't ready , Weed-hopper , yo , Weed-hopper ........? no fair !

Old Chinese proverb .....alls well that ends with cheese ...! Auh sooooo...!

Old 03-23-2015, 12:03 AM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1193 Times on 575 Posts
Likes Given: 181

I am also into Lionel toy trains, Old and new. I have a large collection and layout. It is a very relaxing hobby. Shooting, trains, and my boat keep me fairly busy.
Copy (10) of Jere train room.jpg

Copy (10) of Jere train room 2.jpg
People Like This 
Old 03-23-2015, 12:18 AM   #6

Liked 459 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I've got an old Chevy and Harley in the garage. Turning wrenches and getting my hands dirty is great stress relief. I call it Craftsman therapy.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:33 AM   #7

Liked 414 Times on 239 Posts

Trains are cool. Love your setup. Here's my other hobby:
ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1427070820.687443.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
dango Likes This 
Old 03-23-2015, 01:00 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 183 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 173

well I like bowling uh well if I can do it with a 44mag. I've always had a interest in throwing weapons. have some hawks and throwers but my shoulders and back won't tolerate my practice so no more or well maybe once in a while if I get my target set up again. Like bows but never got really set up for them before my body quit. Gona have a new crossbow soon though will get some shooting in with it as time allows and deer hunting if I'm up to it.

Mostly I tinker with stuff and do some woodworking when not shooting. Or watching my grandkids the kiddos take a good chunk of my free mobile time nowadays.
dango Likes This 
Old 03-23-2015, 01:09 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I just ordered some throwing knives and like you , I 'm curious to see if I still can .
It's been five years since but I used to be ok at it , don't know how my body's gonna act yet ? I'll let you know though .

Last edited by dango; 03-23-2015 at 01:55 AM.
jsr5 Likes This 
Old 03-23-2015, 09:46 AM   #10
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7899 Times on 4053 Posts
Likes Given: 9046

Given my choice of what to do when I dont have things I have to do, woodworking is my fun! My wife and I bought a giant old home 14 years ago to make sure I would never be without fun and it hasnt let me down yet! Winter is a drag cause it kinda puts a damper on my building, the wood shop is a bit cold for playing but Ive filled the season with lots of little crapple jobs to keep me from the couch potato syndrome kicking in.

dango Likes This