Non-brass knuckles? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Non-brass knuckles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns

I guess it depends on the fight. If its a fight for self defense, then I'll most certainly go for the testes.

If its an adversarial fight, Im still on the fence. If It starts to get outta hand then yes. It would be like a last resort.

If its a more of a disagreement between friends (not an amatuer MMA friend) that will be resolved post-fight, I would not go for the testes.
Well I've grown out of the kind of confrontations that are typical of young guys to establish dominance,not that I was ever a gotta-be-alpha type. In fact quite the opposite,unless it was something that conflicted with my values or had a great effect on my day to day routine I let almost everything go and turned the other cheek. But my MMA buddy is not that way,and will go to blows before he thinks someone makes a fool of him. I didn't hurt him when I grabbed him,but I damn sure squeezed tight enough to let him know that we werent in a cage and that if he made me fight him that I wasn't going to play nice and let him whoop me. I really didnt want to fight him but wasn't willing to back down on the issue at hand,and knew if it came to a fight I would either end up on the wrong end of a pretty good beating or would have to resort to doing things I would not want to do to a friend.

Any other friend I would have played nice.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:44 AM   #42
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1834 Times on 1137 Posts
Likes Given: 10360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
While I agree with most everything you said there I have reservations about a shot to the testicles. Anywhere else but there. But then again, I have yet to be in a fight.
Free advice if it ever comes to having to fight. The other guy ain't gonna worry about rules or where he hits you. All he is going to be cocearned with is hurting, or possibly killing, you. You probably won't know if he is armed, and you can not underestimate how far he is willing to go to inflict damage upon you. Do yourself a favor, and increase your odds of not getting hurt as badly. Remember this:

There is only one rule in a fight. Survive by any means necissary. Anything goes, even shots to the junk. If that is what is needed to put him down, and keep him down, do it. Believe me, he will have no problem doing it to you.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #43

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

You all raise good points, and I since I also tend to turn the other cheek most times, if Im ever in a fight it'll probably something that's really got me going. Or got someone goin after me. I guess if I'm ever in a fight, it won't be over something trivial. These points you guys raised are things I haven't considered, because I haven't had to. I guess if I'm ever in a fight, I'll be pulling out all the stops (even if that means testes).

-Matt

Old 11-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

In Florida all licenses printed clearly states: Concealed Weapon And Firearm. So by that I assume brass knuckles fit under that category.

http://knives.budk.com/search?form_state=searchForm&w=brass+paperweight

brass-knuckles.jpg   kubaton.jpg  

Last edited by PanBaccha; 11-27-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #45

Liked 4617 Times on 2299 Posts
Likes Given: 1068

Assume all you want. I'm not doing your jail time. I carry a fenix flashlight, same thing as a surefire. 200 lumens to blind the eyes, and a metal bezel to strike with fast and hard. Carried a flashlight when I was a bouncer, but never had to use it. Speaking of legality, doesn't matter if it's a toothpick, you beat someone with it, you'll probably get charged, whatever it is. Now, self defense... I could care less, and I'm not sticking around for the cops. Just leave him where I found him and get away as quick as possible.
But unless you use it, NO ONE can charge you for having a flashlight.

Other than that, get a pair of carbon fiber knuckle gloves for motorcycle riders.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #46

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

In Florida they are legal to possess, but not carry unless you have a CWP. They are viewed just like a firearm, a deadly weapon. When I was younger and fighting quite often a lighter in the hand worked magic, the disposable full size bic was the one of choice. We used penny rolls bc quarter rolls seemed a little to big. I've carried a kubaton since age 15 as my key ring and only had problems once. At an airport(pre 9-11) I was told I couldn't board with it, gave it to my father who wasn't flying. I flew with it many times before and after up until 9-11. It's the kubaton that is just metal, no spikes on the inside or outside and no compartment in the center.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #47
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

In ma you can own them but you can't carry them, they are a "collectors item", why not just carry a gun or a knife?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #48

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I agree. I consider brass knuckles deadly force. If you're justified to use deadly force why would you grab for knuckles instead of your sidearm? They are neat for display/conversation piece.