Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Night Sights for a Rock Island Armory Goverment Full Size???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Night Sights for a Rock Island Armory Goverment Full Size???

Hi i was at the range shooting my Rock Island Armory Goverment Full Size and i noticed when i was home. That the front sight had broken off which is good because now it will be easier to install some long awaited. Night Sights the only thing is i hear that the the RIA GI Sights are different from that of a Colt for example. Otherwise i would just get online and buy Night Sights that Fit a Colt Goverment Full Size. Then install them on my RIA 1911 but it turns out the size or something is different. I forgot what size and/or angle he said they have to be.

( It just seems weird that a Colt GI 70 series sight size and angle would be different then my RIA GI 70 Series ) Personally i just think the salesman wanted me to buy his sights at his shop which were a little over $200 Then $75 for installation. No Thank you i will buy them and install them myself.

I would like to have a 3 dot glow in the dark platform any brand you would recommend??????

The pistol is the Rock Island Armory M1911-A1FS Goverment 70 Series

What is the Sight Size and angle??????

Thanks for your helpful answers in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1146 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Default I like Truglo sights

The World's Most Advanced Line of Fiber Optic Sights | TRUGLO, Inc.

I like Truglo sights. My 50 year old eyes can see them without glasses.

I had some Truglo sights installed on my Kimber. I have not felt the need to purchase sight pushers, etc. required to DYI pistol sights.

Sorry, I don't know the measurements you are seeking. Have you checked RIA's website for information on compatible night sights.