The NEXT Big Knife Test Announcement: Benning vs. Dillinger - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

The NEXT Big Knife Test Announcement: Benning vs. Dillinger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
How about a dedicated/stickied thread for questions and info from Craig and MilTac?

BTW, I'm stoked.
I can do that. I have had some communication with Craig and he is right in the middle of the second of 3 trade shows that he has going, so it might take a bit before we get some answers. Once we do, I will move them all to one thread and sticky that.

The knives should be here PDQ and I will forward one to Benning for his end of the tests. Once we have some meat for you guys, we will start another stickied thread and update it with a lot of the super sick tests we have planned.

Benning is a masterful genius and has some pretty cool stuff to show you how this knife performs in a utility and "only sharp object within a mile" SHTF type of thing.

This should be very good....

Old 02-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's most excellent. I'm really looking forward to it.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #43

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Welcome to the forum Mil- Tac!
Checked out the Mil-Tac website(very nice BTW) and was wondering if your knives are made in the USA?
It must take great faith in your product to put it to the test publicly.
Looking forward to seeing if your blades are up to the challenge!
Beyond the speed of sound---
Fire it up, Let the engines roll
It's time to burn it down

Old 02-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #44

Liked 860 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Awesome news. welcome to the forum. Thanks for the willingness to come on our forum. I am looking forward to seeing the knives and the tests the boys put them through. I am sure I will be parting with some cash before this is through. Again, welcome aboard!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 02:24 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
I wanted to know whether you manufacture the knives yourselves or you have them made by other companies or knife makers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I'm interested in the input from the guys in the field, and the process. Do you give them knives, and then seek critique?
I wanted to know whether you manufacture the knives yourselves or you have them made by other companies or knife makers?

Yes, we manufacture the vast majority of our knives and tools here in North Texas and we have subcontractors and component suppliers in Texas, the USA, Germany, Italy.

I'm interested in the input from the guys in the field, and the process. Do you give them knives, and then seek critique?

We design our products to be useful, ergonomic, reliable, and tough. Then we listen to our customers and we actually make most of the changes that they request when it makes sense for the product and its intended mission. We continually use the customer feedback loop to improve our products and create new products.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. We are looking forward to the tests and the eventual feedback.

Craig

Craig.Sword@MIL-TAC.com

www.MIL-TAC.com

Office: 877-MIL-TAC6

Old 03-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #46

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The Announcement has been made: Now let the tests begin.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/mil-tac-ce-2-dillinger-francisco-put-test-24579/