The NEXT Big Knife Test Announcement: Benning vs. Dillinger
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > The NEXT Big Knife Test Announcement: Benning vs. Dillinger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default The NEXT Big Knife Test Announcement: Benning vs. Dillinger

Well, the wait is over My Friends.

I am happy to announce tonight that I have come to terms with a member of the knife making community, a knife line owner who also is active with the military and LEO communities.

This thread is the new announcement thread. Benning has not even heard the official news and official name of the company yet.

This will be updated with pictures and when we get our newest Vendor signed up so he can accurately answer your questions.

The number of views of this thread will tell us what kind of traffic we are going to be performing for, and we are just going to spring it on you guys when we get started, so keep checking back.

Hopefully, this will be the first of MANY industry people that we can beg, bribe or blackmail into coming here and answering questions for you fine folks.

JD

Last edited by Dillinger; 02-04-2010 at 01:51 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2010, 01:53 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

**BUMP**

My original idea was not so good.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:54 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

What? I'm confused now. Your first post made sense, your second post confused me all to hell.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

What exactly is happening here?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-04-2010, 10:47 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Excellent news, JD!

Thanks for working to make this happen. Looking forwards to the next update!

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 02-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Do it up!! I love these threads. Mostly I don't comment, but I'm here in the blade threads.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Do it up!! I love these threads. Mostly I don't comment, but I'm here in the blade threads.
Ah, but you will NEED to comment. In fact, this will hopefully be an opportunity for all of us to get answers to questions from a guy who does this for a living.

Contemplate this. You want pointers on your roundhouse kick. You discuss it on a martial arts forum with a bunch of green belts.

Chuck decides to make an appearance on that forum. He tells you how he does it.

We will have an opportunity to interact with an industry professional. Why this steel? We can offer theory, this guy can give you facts.

Once this rolls, start forming your questions.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
Excellent news, JD!

Thanks for working to make this happen. Looking forwards to the next update!
+1000.

J.D. had this concept for a while now, and has put in alot of behind the scenes work at his own time and expense. All of it was for the benefit of the forum at large, and all of deals have been brokered solely by him.

SMs are aware of the .45 King thread, which is a similar concept, and when it runs it's course, we can try something similar to involve up and coming industry professionals to seek input from the guys that use the product.

I just want to publicly thank J.D. for involving me in this project. We have some big stuff planned.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
+1000.

J.D. had this concept for a while now, and has put in alot of behind the scenes work at his own time and expense. All of it was for the benefit of the forum at large, and all of deals have been brokered solely by him.

SMs are aware of the .45 King thread, which is a similar concept, and when it runs it's course, we can try something similar to involve up and coming industry professionals to seek input from the guys that use the product.

I just want to publicly thank J.D. for involving me in this project. We have some big stuff planned.
Yeah JD...

What he Said!

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yes, most definitely, thanks to J.D. and Benning for your engagement and willingness to be a little bit over the edge.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams