New pocket knife for work.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > New pocket knife for work.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default New pocket knife for work.

My CRKT MY TIGHE finaly got dull for the first time after almost a year of work. This is by far the longest any knife has lasted before getting dull for me. Yes I will sharpen it and keep using it. But I am thinking about retiring it since the assisted open spring is also starting to get weak.
I am looking for suggestions for any knife that might last a little longer. I am a heavy diesel truck mechanic and sometimes my knife has to be used as a scraper, screwdriver, prybar or hammer so I need something tough.
It needs to be a folder with assisted open(sometimes I can only get one hand on it), a three inch blade or longer, partialy serated, and have a pocket clip.
Thanks for any help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

It sounds like your knife, aside from a weak spring has held up remarkably well. I know of no knife that maintains a suitable sharpness for me after one years use. Sounds like you found a keeper. Perhaps you will replace your current knife with the same brand.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #3

Liked 380 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4
My CRKT MY TIGHE finaly got dull for the first time after almost a year of work. This is by far the longest any knife has lasted before getting dull for me. Yes I will sharpen it and keep using it. But I am thinking about retiring it since the assisted open spring is also starting to get weak.
I am looking for suggestions for any knife that might last a little longer. I am a heavy diesel truck mechanic and sometimes my knife has to be used as a scraper, screwdriver, prybar or hammer so I need something tough.
It needs to be a folder with assisted open(sometimes I can only get one hand on it), a three inch blade or longer, partialy serated, and have a pocket clip.
Thanks for any help.
I have the same knife. It lasted a long time off the factory sharpening. But now you and i are in the same boat. Let us know what you decide on. I am interested to know.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man