Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > "New for me" bow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default "New for me" bow

Well I just revived a bow from Bear archery it's called the "White Bear" but it has no string and was wondering which way it needs to be strung because well heres some pics

image-3192015213.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #2

Liked 138 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I like the recurve. I still have my Bear grizzly since I was 14

Dan308
www.dtknives.com

Old 04-25-2012, 02:41 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5285 Times on 2756 Posts
Likes Given: 333

always always always use a bow stringer. never ever never use the leg in the bow method. its easy to lose control and suffer a very serious injury even death from losing control of a bow bent by just muscle power. not using a bow stringer is on the same order of irresponsible to your own safety as carrying a pistol solely by one finger through the trigger guard with the hammer back and safety off on a loaded chamber

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 04-25-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

What size string do I use it says 62 AMO what does that mean?

Old 04-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5285 Times on 2756 Posts
Likes Given: 333

AMO stands for archery manufacturer's organization. its the standards used to measure bows so you can go from one shop to the next and say "ive got an amo 63 inch recurve and need a string for it" and the shop owner will give ya the string you need.

most likely you will not want a fastflite string unless you know for positive your bow was made to take the extra abuse. its kinda like a +P rating for bowstrings. generally fastflite strings allow more energy to be transfered to the arrow and only bows made specifically strong enough should use them.

you will prolly need a b50 string for a recurve of amo lemgth 63.

i highly recomend getting "shooting the stickbow" book from anthony camera. http://www.shootingthestickbow.com/

its got everything and then some for any beginner to shooting recurves or longbows

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...