Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   new knife (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/new-knife-53304/)

comeback_kid 12-10-2011 01:46 AM

new knife

5 Attachment(s)
Just thought I would see how well this phone app works and post some pics of what came in the mail today. This is my first "combat" knife. If you want a scientific, expert review then I am not that guy. I no longer have any hair on my arms because I shaved it all off with this sword. I am impressed with the quality and the sharpness right out of the box but I only have experience with low budget hunting knives so I don't know what the hell I am talking about; I don't have anything to compare it to.

Anyways, if you got questions regarding details (make, model, price, material, etc...) I will do my best to pretend like I know what I'm talking about and answer them once I get on my computer.

Jkl-28 12-13-2011 07:20 AM

Looks like a KA-BAR to me

Marlinman 12-13-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkl-28
Looks like a KA-BAR to me

Thats cuz it is;)

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

94browninghunt 12-13-2011 09:37 AM

What model is it in the KaBar? i like it

Marlinman 12-13-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94browninghunt
What model is it in the KaBar? i like it

Just a black kabar fighter. Other than that i cant tell you

RMP1394-RLTW 12-13-2011 12:40 PM

I carried that same knife (with the kydex sheath) for 4 years at 3/75. I cannot tell you the abuse that knife took! By the time I ETS'd everyone that saw what that knife went through had bought one to replace their fancy big name knives.

Great buy!

RLTW!

Ryan...RLTW!

trip286 12-13-2011 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I keep one around myself

Attachment 36141

comeback_kid 12-14-2011 08:23 PM

It's a ka bar 1211 with a kraton handle and no serrations. I've had a lot of fun with it so far, the blade is still very sharp but lost its easy shaving ability. Some powdercoating has come off from batoning wood but I mean I expected that. I love it, its very handy. Just a great all around knife for what it is. Yeah there are smaller knives. Yea there are knives better for a more specific purpose. But this knife is awesome and it gets the job done. I couldn't be more pleased. As far as actual fighting goes... Well I couldnt tell you, but I would hate to be on the other end of it that's for sure. It has fine history behind it too. It's just great tool that is capable of providing excellent self defense if needed. I have no complaints so far

Marlinman 12-14-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comeback_kid
It's a ka bar 1211 with a kraton handle and no serrations. I've had a lot of fun with it so far, the blade is still very sharp but lost its easy shaving ability. Some powdercoating has come off from batoning wood but I mean I expected that. I love it, its very handy. Just a great all around knife for what it is. Yeah there are smaller knives. Yea there are knives better for a more specific purpose. But this knife is awesome and it gets the job done. I couldn't be more pleased. As far as actual fighting goes... Well I couldnt tell you, but I would hate to be on the other end of it that's for sure. It has fine history behind it too. It's just great tool that is capable of providing excellent self defense if needed. I have no complaints so far

I can tell you that in the hands of someone good w a blade they are very lethal

Firearms4ever 12-14-2011 08:34 PM

Gotta love a KaBar ;).