Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > new bow

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 04:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
unclebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bardstown,Kentucky
Posts: 1,101
Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default new bow

I'm looking at getting a new bow but not too knew, I've been shooting the same pearson for about 6 years now, and it was old when my dad was shooting it. But I'm just looking for a good shooting bow that won't break the bank.

I'm also posting this on my archery forum I go to but it's so damn busy that it might not get answered for a while.

__________________

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

unclebear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear
I'm looking at getting a new bow but not too knew, I've been shooting the same pearson for about 6 years now, and it was old when my dad was shooting it. But I'm just looking for a good shooting bow that won't break the bank.

I'm also posting this on my archery forum I go to but it's so damn busy that it might not get answered for a while.
What style, draw weight, and price range are you lookin for bear?

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
unclebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bardstown,Kentucky
Posts: 1,101
Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default

I'm shooting about a 50 pound draw, I have a draw length of about 30", i don't want a smaller bow i prefer mine kind of long, I've seen some bows that instead of using cables they use the same material as the bow string I don't really like that. I don't care if it has a string stop or not. I mostly shoot targets with my bow I'll shoot a rabbit or crow every now and then but mostly targets. My price range is pretty much anywhere from $150-$250. I know it isn't a lot but right now I don't have much money, and I'm willing to even buy a used one.

__________________

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

unclebear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear
I'm shooting about a 50 pound draw, I have a draw length of about 30", i don't want a smaller bow i prefer mine kind of long, I've seen some bows that instead of using cables they use the same material as the bow string I don't really like that. I don't care if it has a string stop or not. I mostly shoot targets with my bow I'll shoot a rabbit or crow every now and then but mostly targets. My price range is pretty much anywhere from $150-$250. I know it isn't a lot but right now I don't have much money, and I'm willing to even buy a used one.
Go to pawnshops that sell archery stuff-its a start. If not i have an older browning that is old but it still shoots wickedly. If nothin else can be found. If your interested pm me a way to send you pics.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
unclebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bardstown,Kentucky
Posts: 1,101
Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default

thanks man, I'm going to have a look at a couple of places tomarrow.

__________________

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

unclebear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Well the browning isnt goin anywhere soon.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
unclebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bardstown,Kentucky
Posts: 1,101
Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default

I went around to a few different stops today, I found an old pearson that a local archery store has they made me a deal for $350 they're going to restring it, throw sights and a new set of cames on it. The limbs are in pretty good condition and it really looks like the bow was mostly kept in the case.

__________________

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

unclebear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear
I went around to a few different stops today, I found an old pearson that a local archery store has they made me a deal for $350 they're going to restring it, throw sights and a new set of cames on it. The limbs are in pretty good condition and it really looks like the bow was mostly kept in the case.
Make sure to post pics man

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,768
Liked 2845 Times on 1646 Posts
Likes Given: 16967

Default

Pawn shops are great places to look.I've found many deals.

__________________
dango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads