Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   new bow (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/new-bow-58875/)

unclebear 02-27-2012 04:32 AM

new bow

I'm looking at getting a new bow but not too knew, I've been shooting the same pearson for about 6 years now, and it was old when my dad was shooting it. But I'm just looking for a good shooting bow that won't break the bank.

I'm also posting this on my archery forum I go to but it's so damn busy that it might not get answered for a while.

Marlinman 02-27-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclebear
I'm looking at getting a new bow but not too knew, I've been shooting the same pearson for about 6 years now, and it was old when my dad was shooting it. But I'm just looking for a good shooting bow that won't break the bank.

I'm also posting this on my archery forum I go to but it's so damn busy that it might not get answered for a while.

What style, draw weight, and price range are you lookin for bear?

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

unclebear 02-27-2012 05:05 AM

I'm shooting about a 50 pound draw, I have a draw length of about 30", i don't want a smaller bow i prefer mine kind of long, I've seen some bows that instead of using cables they use the same material as the bow string I don't really like that. I don't care if it has a string stop or not. I mostly shoot targets with my bow I'll shoot a rabbit or crow every now and then but mostly targets. My price range is pretty much anywhere from $150-$250. I know it isn't a lot but right now I don't have much money, and I'm willing to even buy a used one.

Marlinman 02-27-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

I'm shooting about a 50 pound draw, I have a draw length of about 30", i don't want a smaller bow i prefer mine kind of long, I've seen some bows that instead of using cables they use the same material as the bow string I don't really like that. I don't care if it has a string stop or not. I mostly shoot targets with my bow I'll shoot a rabbit or crow every now and then but mostly targets. My price range is pretty much anywhere from $150-$250. I know it isn't a lot but right now I don't have much money, and I'm willing to even buy a used one.

Go to pawnshops that sell archery stuff-its a start. If not i have an older browning that is old but it still shoots wickedly. If nothin else can be found. If your interested pm me a way to send you pics.

unclebear 02-27-2012 05:34 AM

thanks man, I'm going to have a look at a couple of places tomarrow.

Marlinman 02-27-2012 05:35 AM

Well the browning isnt goin anywhere soon.

unclebear 02-27-2012 10:12 PM

I went around to a few different stops today, I found an old pearson that a local archery store has they made me a deal for $350 they're going to restring it, throw sights and a new set of cames on it. The limbs are in pretty good condition and it really looks like the bow was mostly kept in the case.

Marlinman 02-27-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

I went around to a few different stops today, I found an old pearson that a local archery store has they made me a deal for $350 they're going to restring it, throw sights and a new set of cames on it. The limbs are in pretty good condition and it really looks like the bow was mostly kept in the case.

Make sure to post pics man

dango 02-28-2012 11:25 PM

Pawn shops are great places to look.I've found many deals.