New Blade
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > New Blade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 01:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default New Blade

So I picked up a new knife this weekend. I was in East Tennessee visiting my wife's mother and sister for her nephew's 1st birthday and I got to stop by the Smoky Mountain Knife Works. Man they've got a ton of knives there. I went in with the intention to get a SOG elite seal knife, and was very prepared for the large price tag($140) but after seeing all the goodies in there I opted for a different blade, By ONTARIO, made in the great USA. But I also got a folding DMT diamond stone, and a gerber multi-tool. I figured I could wait till Christmas for the bada$$ elite seal. Here are a few pics, let me know what you guys think. This is my first fixed blade and I'd like to know what you think.

knife-001.jpg   knife-002.jpg   knife-003.jpg  

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

That's a solid looking knife right there, I guess it comes down to what you want to use it for carrying, work or personal protection, I would prefer a tapered blade with an edge and a point for slashing and stabbing. When you start looking at high end SOG knives the blade quality and the name cause them to start getting a little pricey. They are all quality made and you need to pick one that fits your hand and the handle is comfortable just like you would a handgun grip. When you hold it in your hand it needs to feel like the knife weight is balanced and just slightly a little grip heavy?

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-14-2011, 01:35 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Love me a tanto blade.....