Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Mybe i can be of help..Im a damascus Bladesmith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 04:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Mybe i can be of help..Im a damascus Bladesmith

i found a niche it seams lol...im a abs school trained damascus bladesmith and studied under a long list of masters and great knife makers since i started in 1986..

feel free to ask any question for im not of the school of "im sorry ,thats a state secret" bs that a few and bad knife makers throw....

there are 2 schools of knife makeing.....bladesmithing where i forge knives from steel

or stock removal or grinders grinding away what they do not want.lol.

ill do both but im mainly a bladesmith as if done right makes a better knife.

fyi..a little background...jim hisrioulas taught me to make my first knife..then i needed more knowledge.

In 1987 i went to the ABS (american bladesmith soc) school in hope ark..took a class from Jim Crowell and Jerry Fisk..1988 a damascus class from the (late) Bill Moran....in those two years some of my fellow anvil mates in the classes that stuck with it are masters now...Tim Hancock,Burt Gaston.Heavey Dean..to name a few...being around many of these smiths i got to meet others great ones. As at the time i was living in san diego area i got in with the calif knifemakers group out of greater L.A. area...my main teacher was the fantastic knife maker the late Bob Engnath...my friend..I was as far as i know the only Bladesmith to study under and at the late Bob Loveless shop/home for many months and learn alot from bob and Jim Merrit a fantastic guy who made 98% of loveless knives ..I got to meet and learn from so many that i cherish it alot...

As i say i can learn from others ..mybe its only a products or a item or where to get something or how to do this or that..and sometime how NOT to do it...knowledge is a base you add too in order to get better hopefully.

remember there are not dumb questions only ones not asked.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #2

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Several here have made knives by stock removal. I just finished my second one tonight. Glad to have you aboard, I may hit you up for a blade someday. Been kind of a dream for me to have a hand forged Damascus knife. Bigger dream to do it myself.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #3

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

I have a damascus knife made by Tai Goo that I was lucky enough to get.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Very cool. I'm sure that your knowledge will be sought and your brain picked.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #5

Liked 396 Times on 219 Posts

Glad to have you with us.
Please post some pictures of some of your blades. We love some nice knife pictures.