Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > My latest "weapon"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default My latest "weapon"

My wife was as excited about this purchase as I was so I had to share it with someone!

Since my old one(25-30 years old) finally stopped I needed a new weapon against a possible zombie attack. I think this should work...

dsc_0360.jpg

dsc_0361.jpg

dsc_0362.jpg

You have to test your weapon right? Make sure it's reliable. Here is the results of it's first outing.

dsc_0363.jpg

18" bar, the bigger tree I downed today was 16-17" at the base and this thing cut right thru it. I knew the saw I was old but I'm surprised at how much less I'm working to cut things. I was debating between this model and one a bit larger but I think this one will do everything I need it to.

NOTE: I IN NO WAY SUGGEST USING A CHAINSAW AS A WEAPON!!!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Gotta love a Stihl they are the best saws on the planet. I am sure you wouldn't need to sharpen the chain until you killed at least 500 or more zombies.

That MS250 is a great saw lots of power and torque in a light easy to handle package.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
My wife was as excited about this purchase as I was so I had to share it with someone!

Since my old one(25-30 years old) finally stopped I needed a new weapon against a possible zombie attack. I think this should work...

Attachment 9359

Attachment 9360

Attachment 9361

You have to test your weapon right? Make sure it's reliable. Here is the results of it's first outing.

Attachment 9362

18" bar, the bigger tree I downed today was 16-17" at the base and this thing cut right thru it. I knew the saw I was old but I'm surprised at how much less I'm working to cut things. I was debating between this model and one a bit larger but I think this one will do everything I need it to.

NOTE: I IN NO WAY SUGGEST USING A CHAINSAW AS A WEAPON!!!
When dicing zombies... you don't need chain oil!

BTW: You can drop off the firewood at my house!

Old 01-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

IMHO, Stihl is one of the best, if not the best chainsaw out there.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Where I live, there is one paved road in and out, lined with large trees on both sides. I have been meaning to get a good saw for about a year now.

We had a professional tree dropper who lived in the neighborhood. The one time we were blocked in due to a wind storm, he had the road cleared in about an hour and a half. Then he moved and took all his great toys with him.

That is a good looking saw and doing a quick Googling I can see that would totally fit both my budget and my needs.

Thanks for the info Spitty.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

JD, I think you'd be happy with it. I was originally looking at the MS270 or 280 but after going to the local dealer I discovered they are the same price as the MS310 and basically the same size. After handling the 310 I found it to be more saw then I wanted to handle while cutting up smaller stuff but the 250 didn't bother me. If it keeps cutting like it did yesterday, I'll be happy.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:29 AM   #7

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Spitty why didn't you get the manly saw? The MS 880 MAGNUM. 121.6 cc of German engineered Zombie hackin tree eatin man power it takes up to a 59" bar man with that you can cut through at least 4 zombies pressed back to front.

Chain Saws - STIHL MS 880 Magnum™ Chain Saw - Professional Use - STIHL USA

I bought an Echo for the HOA and I like it as well. It is a good say and on any day it takes 2 pulls to get it started no matter how cold or warm it is.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:35 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Spitty why didn't you get the manly saw? The MS 880 MAGNUM. 121.6 cc of German engineered Zombie hackin tree eatin man power it takes up to a 59" bar man with that you can cut through at least 4 zombies pressed back to front.

Chain Saws - STIHL MS 880 Magnum™ Chain Saw - Professional Use - STIHL USA

I bought an Echo for the HOA and I like it as well. It is a good say and on any day it takes 2 pulls to get it started no matter how cold or warm it is.
I needed something the wife could handle as well so I had to compromise.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:02 AM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I needed something the wife could handle as well so I had to compromise.
Good answer.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:03 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have been eyeballing that very same saw,just need to dust off the wallet and buy it.