Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Modern non-lethal weapons and their use in actual combat?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 44

The problem with non-lethal weapons is they are temporary. The one you taze today may shoot you tomorrow. How many Jihadists do you think would change their religion after a non lethal experience when they are perfectly willing to Die for Alah? Wouldnt it be wonderful if we could drop a bomb on a country that would actually change them into pacifists?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #12

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triskelion View Post
Oops! almost forgot a nonlethal weapon effective in military uses. We have a laser-type-thingy that messes around with nerves and makes you feel like you are literally on fire. It causes no known physical damage, and penetrates pretty much everything. Fire that into a crowd, and unless they are tough little punks, they will be running for cover in no time at all. Much nicer than unloading with a HMG.
Which version of Call of Duty does this one appear in?

Old 03-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Which version of Call of Duty does this one appear in?
I thought dude was talking about that microwave thing for crowd control? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System

I think it would be easier to use a flame thrower of some type.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 03-03-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #14

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Its not the enemy you use nonlethals on. Its the local populace whos hearts and minds you are trying to win. They can be the difference between being hidden in a house, or ripped apart in a street. Though they don't like the use of nonlethals against them, their friends and famliy greatly prefer it.

Good Grief,, are you for real????

Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

--------------

marvin.jpg  

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 03-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Yes, yes I am. One of the main tactics for several special forces is hearts and minds. This is why several special forces units are trained in veterinarian services, and things like childbirthing.
With your vast knowledge and experience, you should be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. You could arm our troops with axes and laser-thingy's and we'd win every battle for sure.

Grow up kid or go back to the video game forums...

Old 03-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #17

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Yes, yes I am. One of the main tactics for several special forces is hearts and minds. This is why several special forces units are trained in veterinarian services, and things like childbirthing.
Interesting...now you have my attention. Please, do go on about what else Special Forces soldiers are trained in? I have always had a real interest in their training.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Now you have my attention. Please, do go on about what else Special Forces soldiers are trained in? I have always had a real interest in their training.

Jack
Easy Jack, he's just a kid that thinks he understands the world...

Old 03-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #19

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Son, I'll tell you what you go back to your comic books and video games and when you grow up and mature we can educate you on real life. Until then don't believe everything you read on the interwebz and youtube. There are some of us on this forum that not only know what Special Forces are taught but have taught and lived it. I don’t think you are in any kind of position to advise us of what SF main tactics are or even what they do. Please refrain from posting this stuff as it only shows your inexperience and ignorance of the subject matter.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Not comics or video games. SAS & SBS both primarily use hearts and minds, and they are pretty damn elite.
Are you former SAS or SBS? What first-hand experience do you have?

Please provide us a credible pedigree for the expertise you are trying to demonstrate...