Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Mil-Tac CE-2: Dillinger & Francisco Put It To The Test!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Okay. Francisco's test blade shipped out today. There are two things I would like to share with you all.

1) Fed Ex may service the world, but finding a place that will ship a knife to Argentina was a lot harder than it should have been. I had to find a Fed Ex hub that would "allow" me to ship the knife, and even THEN they had to call Fed Ex International Assistance to "verify".

2) Shipping things to Argentina be expensive. I suggest we all chip in and adopt both Francisco and Asmel and get them to the land of the big PX.

My testing starts this weekend. Or tonight if I can get some free time.

JD

Old 03-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

We still abide.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-06-2010, 02:52 AM   #13

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
.... I suggest we all chip in and adopt both Francisco and Asmel and get them to the land of the big PX.
I agree LMAO!
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 03-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I suggest we all chip in and adopt both Francisco and Asmel and get them to the land of the big PX.

I can pack and be ready to leave in 30 minutes.

Seriously though, thanks for taking the time to ship the knife. FedEx can be moronic at times, my main knife supplier uses them and it took us a while to learn how to make the shipping smooth. They are still better than the thieving Argentine post.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 03-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think CA is still abiding.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yup, I abide. But I'm going to the range shortly. I'll abide some more when I get back.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #17

Okay, so I got some images cleaned up and I want to give you guys some perspective on this knife and how well it is made.

There are 3 choils cut into the full length blade. One right in front of the handle, and 2 on both the underside and back of the handle respectfully.

They are deep enough to help insure a really great purchase on the knife, are aggressive, but not sharp to the point causing any flesh tearing issues.

This grind on this blade is very well done, as can be seen in the images. It's very even and the edge is very sharp right out of the box.

With just a light pressure I was able to remove the hair from about a 6" strip of my forearm.

My initial impression was that the knife was very well made, but now having handled it for a couple of days in various grips, I really love the G10 grips and how they are smoothed out and crafted to fit your hand.

img_2183.jpg   img_2194.jpg   img_2196.jpg   img_2201.jpg   img_2203.jpg  

Old 03-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #18

One of the things that I noticed right off is that this knife is very thick on the spine and thru the full tang.

I mic'd it and it came in at about a .187" or .188" right in front of the handle.

Yet the knife doesn't feel heavy or bulky, it's got a very nice balance and I will be testing it in a thrown capacity to see how it performs.

Here are some more shots of the knife before the testing started....

img_2190.jpg   img_2192.jpg   img_2200.jpg  

Old 03-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for the pics, I can't wait until mine shows up on Wednesday!

What do you think about the sheath?

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 03-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post

What do you think about the sheath?
Normally I would say that I am not that impressed with the sheath material, but this one is well put together & is growing on me.

It has molle attachments, front and back, along with a long strap and snap button on the back that would allow you to weave it through a couple of Molle's on your vest or belt.

I like that since a knife this size would be ideal for an inverted chest carry.

Inside the fabric there is a hard sheath that is probably made of G-10 ( I don't know for sure ) that houses the blade, so you have no fear of the point poking through the fabric and getting to you.

The insert is universal, so left or right handed won't make a difference. You can slide the blade in for any application and it's protected and secure.

This is well designed. It has a one snap release, but when its in place, it is very secure, solid and safe.

All in all, so far, I am very impressed with this knife for the price, especially with the Vendor Discount that will be offered to FTF Supporting Members.

JD