Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Metal Knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 06:20 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Paddlelocks and a handkerchief work well, too.

I've used "brass knuckles" for hitting the bag, and I can tell you that unless they fit very well they will cause the puncher pain at the same time.

Roll of quarters? I used to carry around a 4" piece of 1" diameter steel rod. The weight behind the fist seems to be more effective than some steel in front.

The truth is that there are more objects in most women's purses that can be used as a defense weapon. Heck, that peppermint at the bottom with all of the lint attached can be used to gross out any attacker.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #12

I don't know about other states, but here in Florida, with a concealed carry permit, in addition to firearms, we can carry blackjacks, slungshots, automatic knives, double edged daggers, stilettos, etc. The only requirement is that they be concealed.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8315 Times on 3595 Posts
Likes Given: 1279

Lewis- here in Virginia, the permit is for a concealed handgun. Says that on the license.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Lewis- here in Virginia, the permit is for a concealed handgun. Says that on the license.
The first two lines at the top of my Florida license are:

CONCEALED WEAPON OR FIREARM LICENSE
STATE OF FLORIDA

I guess every state has a different idea of what you can carry.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Skully is correct, knuckles are not one size fits all, and ill fitting ones can break your hand.

In addition, one has to actually be an effective puncher. Adding weight to a sloppy punch helps little, especially if you're too slow to land one in the first place.

Beyond that, you've just hindered grappling ability.

They look good, though.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #16

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Working in construction I have always had something within reach that can be used as a weapon. Fortunately my Deathstick hammer has not been needed to deter a human. A 6' level has, but not my hammer.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Just walk around naked, except for swim fins, a lamp shade on your head and a pillow case with 4 pool balls. Works for me!

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 01-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #18

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

i always thought brass knucks where legal,just as long as you dont use (bust persons in face) or conceal them.?...does a CWP permit make them legal to have on your persons?...as long as they can be shipped to your statei would say they would be better than nuttin if thats all you have to help fight off more than one badguy...as cheap as they are...use & throw away...as for the one size fits all,they do...dont use them to hit straight on...use them in a slashing fashion,kinda like the way you would use a knife & you want have to worry about broken hand/s...of course the trench knife is best of both worlds...of course im old,i'd would just shoot before i had to stab someone

Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #19

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Brass Knuckles may be illegal, but a bowie knife with brass knuckles as a handle and detaching blade isn't. Or it might be, but I had an easy enough time buying one.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 01-12-2011, 03:56 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5118 Times on 2664 Posts
Likes Given: 310

the illegal part isnt usually the buying its the getting caught with it on your person part. kind like bongs. you can buy em in most smoke shops. get pulled over for something and the cops find it its called drug paraphanalia. but usually they need corroberating evidence to make that stick. same with nucs. the cops would prolly need to catch ya doing something naughty then they could make a case for the nucs in your pocket.

just having em isnt really enough. they are kinda like hot sauce on your taco an enhancer for your prize.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...