Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Metal Knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Metal Knuckles

Now I know what you guys are automatically going to say.... soooo illegal.... I get that.

I bring this subject up because I wanted to share what I saw some months ago. As I was driving to work waiting for the light to go green, I saw a girl sitting at a bus stop bench and I noticed that she put a pair of pink metal knuckles in her purse. All I can think of was..... BADA**! Frickin' awesome.

I wouldn't blame her either since I've heard stories about hostile encounters on buses here in my town.

I would assume that she bought the knuckles from this website here...
Pink Brass Knuckles

Another point I wanted to put on the table..... from my observations over the years I've noticed more and more people disregarding these ridiculous weapons laws in favor of personal safety and they don't get in trouble at all. All I can think is either the police in my town are really not caring of those laws either or these are law abiding people (some I know personally, some I don't) and they don't go out commiting crimes and thus don't get busted for having any illegal melee weapon i.e. switchblades, balisongs, and metal knuckles when approached by police.

If I had a daughter I would love to buy a pair of pink metal knuckles if she wanted and from my personal experience just wielding a pair and just punching my friend's punching bag, this is an excellent self defense item and can do some serious damage, which would be beneficial for even a gal to use if she can make contact to an assailant's face or even ribs.

Right now I'm tempted to buy a pair of the spiked knuckles off this website to keep in the house as a collectible if anything. I just thought I'd put that out there.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Rodeo-style belt buckles would be less likely to get you hassled. Consider Coin Holder Buckles, Buffalo and Indian Head Nickel Buckles http://www.mrboots.com/product_info.php?products_id=2691&osCsid=db2be36c3 747be5cd33ba11aad83589c

The belt will make a nice cushion to protect the lil lady's knuckles too.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 01-10-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #3

Liked 2191 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 2128

Shows the stupidity of lawmakers. Brass knuckles are illegal but I can carry a baseball bat around no problem. NO I'm not suggesting we outlaw bats.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8373 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

Ever hear of a slungshot? No, not a typo. Back in the day, sailors would tie cordage in an elaborate knot around a lead shot, with a trailing cord end. You used it to heave a line some distance by tying a line to the trailing cord, give it a twirl, and sling it. Some folks started carrying them as weapons. Result- they are illegal in many states- but average LEO has no idea what a "slungshot" is.

What? Oh, that. That's the padlock I use to lock my computer bag to a table or desk when traveling. That's why it's clipped thru the strap on the computer bag. Well, gotta run to catch my flight. Bye now.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 01-11-2011 at 02:24 AM.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

you want to see some personal defense I got some personal defense

7" double edged blade, brass knuckles, and a stainless steel brain spike, Ya I know what your thinking scary...

66345_1661083052933_1412892910_31759006_7956433_n.jpg  

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 01-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #6

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 303

+1 on the trench knife! very cool!

Old 01-11-2011, 02:16 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 302 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Cabela's: Blast Knuckles™ Stun Gun

Potentially legal in 36 states. 14 on the do not ship to list.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:00 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
Cabela's: Blast Knuckles™ Stun Gun

Potentially legal in 36 states. 14 on the do not ship to list.

This is legal to have in California?? I'm getting this for my sister! Hoot hoot!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Ever hear of a slungshot? No, not a typo. Back in the day, sailors would tie cordage in an elaborate knot around a lead shot, with a trailing cord end. You used it to heave a line some distance by tying a line to the trailing cord, give it a twirl, and sling it. Some folks started carrying them as weapons. Result- they are illegal in many states- but average LEO has no idea what a "slungshot" is.

What? Oh, that. That's the padlock I use to lock my computer bag to a table or desk when traveling. That's why it's clipped thru the strap on the computer bag. Well, gotta run to catch my flight. Bye now.
They're also called monkey fists I believe.
Here's a cool idea. http://image62.webshots.com/62/4/68/83/2027468830091933626jJEEDs_fs.jpg
He made it into a necklace. Nice and concealed that one is.

I'm not sure if I would want to use that thing as a weapon though. It doesn't seam that damaging TBH. I could be wrong though. It also seems like it would be pretty uncontrollable.
Still a neat weapon.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 AM   #10

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post

That padlock sure beats the 2" guardrail nut I have on a loop of 550 cord! Home Depot, here I come.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."