Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Metal Knuckles (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/metal-knuckles-36743/)

HunterMarksman338 01-10-2011 07:16 PM

Metal Knuckles

Now I know what you guys are automatically going to say.... soooo illegal.... I get that.

I bring this subject up because I wanted to share what I saw some months ago. As I was driving to work waiting for the light to go green, I saw a girl sitting at a bus stop bench and I noticed that she put a pair of pink metal knuckles in her purse. All I can think of was..... BADA**! :D Frickin' awesome.

I wouldn't blame her either since I've heard stories about hostile encounters on buses here in my town.

I would assume that she bought the knuckles from this website here...
Pink Brass Knuckles

Another point I wanted to put on the table..... from my observations over the years I've noticed more and more people disregarding these ridiculous weapons laws in favor of personal safety and they don't get in trouble at all. All I can think is either the police in my town are really not caring of those laws either or these are law abiding people (some I know personally, some I don't) and they don't go out commiting crimes and thus don't get busted for having any illegal melee weapon i.e. switchblades, balisongs, and metal knuckles when approached by police.

If I had a daughter I would love to buy a pair of pink metal knuckles if she wanted and from my personal experience just wielding a pair and just punching my friend's punching bag, this is an excellent self defense item and can do some serious damage, which would be beneficial for even a gal to use if she can make contact to an assailant's face or even ribs.

Right now I'm tempted to buy a pair of the spiked knuckles off this website to keep in the house as a collectible if anything. I just thought I'd put that out there.

orangello 01-10-2011 07:23 PM

Rodeo-style belt buckles would be less likely to get you hassled. Consider Coin Holder Buckles, Buffalo and Indian Head Nickel Buckles http://www.mrboots.com/product_info.php?products_id=2691&osCsid=db2be36c3 747be5cd33ba11aad83589c

The belt will make a nice cushion to protect the lil lady's knuckles too.

rjd3282 01-10-2011 08:17 PM

Shows the stupidity of lawmakers. Brass knuckles are illegal but I can carry a baseball bat around no problem. NO I'm not suggesting we outlaw bats.

c3shooter 01-10-2011 08:47 PM

Ever hear of a slungshot? No, not a typo. Back in the day, sailors would tie cordage in an elaborate knot around a lead shot, with a trailing cord end. You used it to heave a line some distance by tying a line to the trailing cord, give it a twirl, and sling it. Some folks started carrying them as weapons. Result- they are illegal in many states- but average LEO has no idea what a "slungshot" is.

What? Oh, that. That's the padlock I use to lock my computer bag to a table or desk when traveling. That's why it's clipped thru the strap on the computer bag. Well, gotta run to catch my flight. Bye now.

wmille01 01-10-2011 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
you want to see some personal defense I got some personal defense

7" double edged blade, brass knuckles, and a stainless steel brain spike, Ya I know what your thinking scary...

TimL2952 01-10-2011 11:41 PM

+1 on the trench knife! very cool!

aandabooks 01-11-2011 02:16 AM

Cabela's: Blast Knuckles™ Stun Gun

Potentially legal in 36 states. 14 on the do not ship to list.

HunterMarksman338 01-11-2011 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandabooks (Post 419843)
Cabela's: Blast Knuckles™ Stun Gun

Potentially legal in 36 states. 14 on the do not ship to list.

:eek::eek:

This is legal to have in California?? I'm getting this for my sister! Hoot hoot!

saviorslegacy 01-11-2011 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 419643)
Ever hear of a slungshot? No, not a typo. Back in the day, sailors would tie cordage in an elaborate knot around a lead shot, with a trailing cord end. You used it to heave a line some distance by tying a line to the trailing cord, give it a twirl, and sling it. Some folks started carrying them as weapons. Result- they are illegal in many states- but average LEO has no idea what a "slungshot" is.

What? Oh, that. That's the padlock I use to lock my computer bag to a table or desk when traveling. That's why it's clipped thru the strap on the computer bag. Well, gotta run to catch my flight. Bye now.

They're also called monkey fists I believe.
Here's a cool idea. http://image62.webshots.com/62/4/68/83/2027468830091933626jJEEDs_fs.jpg
He made it into a necklace. Nice and concealed that one is.

I'm not sure if I would want to use that thing as a weapon though. It doesn't seam that damaging TBH. I could be wrong though. It also seems like it would be pretty uncontrollable.
Still a neat weapon.

M14sRock 01-11-2011 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 419643)

That padlock sure beats the 2" guardrail nut I have on a loop of 550 cord! Home Depot, here I come.