Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Making my own knife part three DONE!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 05:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Making my own knife part three DONE!!

I finally got a little time and finished off this little experiment. I am happy with it for a first try, I really should have ground the bevel much higher on the blade, it is too thick to sharpen very well.

To finish, I glued the spacer material to the handle pieces, I used red and black. Then I cut out the shape I wanted for the handles.

004-5-.jpg   006-3-.jpg   011-4-.jpg   013-2-.jpg  

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-30-2010, 05:47 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I then glued and pinned the handles to the tang, that was a pain in the arse, I'll learn the tricks and they will get easier, I hope!

014-3-.jpg  

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Damn brother that looks good.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:53 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I sanded the handles to the general shape on the belt sander, then I hand sanded the handles from 100 thru 400 grit. I put 4 coats of Howards Butcher Block Conditioner, which is mineral oil with beeswax and carnuba wax mixed in. I rubbed that out and this is my first try DONE!

019-2-.jpg   017-4-.jpg   024-2-.jpg   023.jpg  

Old 09-30-2010, 05:55 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

A couple more.

024.jpg   015-3-.jpg  

Old 09-30-2010, 05:57 AM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Definite A++++++

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:59 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks Doc!!

Old 09-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's a great first knife! Nice job.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-30-2010, 06:22 AM   #9

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Fantastic work!
That looks real nice. You should be real proud of what you've done there.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-30-2010, 08:39 AM   #10

Default Good Looking ''knife''

pandamonium; Sir; a wow wee. This is why I come to sites
yes; I'm a new'bee to this site. Thanks for sharing

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!