m72a2 LAW rocket launcher tube
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > m72a2 LAW rocket launcher tube

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default m72a2 LAW rocket launcher tube

I have an INERT early Vietnam-era m72a2 LAW rocket launcher tube that is complete and un-adulterated. It still has both sights, end caps, sling has not been cut, and the tube has not been marked or de-milled. I am trying to find out how much it is worth. Can anyone help me out. Remember, it isn't de-milled.

sta70187.jpg   sta70220.jpg   sta70230.jpg   sta70234.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

! (1) *M72 LAW Genuine US GI With Sub-cal Tube (No Rockets) - $249.00 :: J And A Discount Military Surplus, LLC - Superb Products

This...or what you can get someone who really wants one, and what he is willing to pay for it. Looks like it can range from $80-$250.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8744 Times on 3779 Posts
Likes Given: 1342

The one above me has the 30mm subcaliber insert- reusable. The expended 66 mm tube is not quite the same- they would be worth a lot less, as a curiousity, or decor for the man cave (or to hang on the rifle rack in the back window of your pickup) They are NOT considered Class III Destructive Devices once they have been fired.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 04-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #4

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

does it still cock & drop the firing pin when fire button is pushed?...will the flash tube housing unscrew @ the back?...if it does this and they are no holes drilled in it,its worth about 200bucks or lil more give or take...i bought off ebay about 7 years ago before most of them had to have the the firing mec. deactivated & big holes cut in the side on the rocket tube...of course this is evilbays standards,dont know about anybody else?...they are easily reactivated using model rockets or custom homemade rocketsnow if you can get your hands on the 'LAW rocket',they will bring as much as a inert RPG7

Last edited by m72law; 04-19-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #5

I am pretty sure it still does all of this. I remember everytime that I fully extend it, I also have to press something down so that it lets it compress it to the way it was before I decided to play with it. I tried to sell it on eBay but every single time, they remove it. I just gave up after awhile.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #6

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

yeah,everytime you close it up & extend it, it should recock...then pull the safty arm forward then push down on trigger button...if it clicks,its workingif your trying to sell it,you can try gunbroker.com or other firearm auctions?