Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Looking for the highest quality custom knife, any suggestions? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/looking-highest-quality-custom-knife-any-suggestions-73609/)

FullautoUSA 10-03-2012 01:46 AM

Looking for the highest quality custom knife, any suggestions?
 
I'm looking for a customized knife of the highest quality, of possible an automatic, any suggestions.

NitroxAZ 10-03-2012 01:57 AM

How much do you want to spend? Fixed or folder? What do you need it/want it for (intended use)?

FullautoUSA 10-03-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroxAZ
How much do you want to spend? Fixed or folder? What do you need it/want it for (intended use)?

Under 250, either fixed or folder but if possible automatic

Dillinger 10-03-2012 02:04 AM

Gonna need a WHOLE lot more information to help you here.

You want a possible automatic, but you want it custom?

Define "Automatic".

SpeedSafe?

Spring Assist?

:confused:

trip286 10-03-2012 02:13 AM

A custom automatic for under $250?

My opinion on this, assuming you want tactical style, is that benchmade is king in that department. Sadly, that department is beyond $250.

KG7IL 10-03-2012 03:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this link (and others of your choosing)
MicroTech Halo should burn some bucks.

http://www.bladeops.com/Microtech-Halo-Knives-s/130.htm

Don't let this one scare you, the rest are around $600.

mdauben 10-03-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullautoUSA

Under 250, either fixed or folder but if possible automatic

You can find some good production automatics in that range (look at the Benchmade AFO, Stryker, or Reflex) but you won't touch custom folders, let alone custom automatic knives for that much.

Also, before buying be aware of your state and local laws regarding carrying and possession of automatic or "switchblade" knives. Some are very restrictive.

FullautoUSA 10-03-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286
A custom automatic for under $250?

My opinion on this, assuming you want tactical style, is that benchmade is king in that department. Sadly, that department is beyond $250.

I was looking at bench made but I don't live in Oregon, and I'm not a cop, so I can't buy one because of the shipping

FullautoUSA 10-03-2012 09:18 PM

I think an automatic may be a bit unreasonable, a folder or a fixed blade would be fine but it has to be American made.

Dillinger 10-03-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG7IL (Post 962381)
Try this link (and others of your choosing)
MicroTech Halo should burn some bucks.

http://www.bladeops.com/Microtech-Halo-Knives-s/130.htm

Don't let this one scare you, the rest are around $600.

I got one of these. The spring sucks! :( It won't even go through a couple of sheets of printer paper on release. The knife is sharp as sh!t, but I was expecting to be like a piston.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:16 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.