Look at what the mail brought
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Look at what the mail brought

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Look at what the mail brought

I left last Saturday at 0700 hours on a 1700 mile trip from El Paso, Texas to Springfield, Illinois to help my Father-in-Law drive his 35 foot RV. We got in on Sunday at 1930 hours and at 0900 hours Monday I was on my way to Saint Louis to fly back to El Paso.
When I got home about 1330 hours I found a huge box in front of my door that was addressed to me. Well, I opened it and found a beautiful treasure chest wrapped in some serious bubble wrap. “What in the hell is this?” I thought to myself and with a little trepidation opened the chest.

HOLY SH*T!!!! staring up at me was the most beautiful and fantastic piece of workman ship I have ever had the pleasure to see. Like the lure of a beautiful siren she called to me and I had to feel her in my hands… she fit like she was made for me and in reality she was.

When Nitrox made his first knife I knew I had to have him make one for me for my Cowboy Action Rig that Glass made. I asked and Nitrox did not miss a beat and said he would be happy to. We discussed type of blades and he sent me many different types to choose from. Well we finally found the blade I wanted and then discussed the handle. I wanted Stag handle but wanted them brass riveted and Nitrox said he would see what he could do. Man, let me tell you Nitrox crawled into my head and knew exactly what I wanted. Here is “Baby” my new love … Glass is already thinking of the sheath she is going to make and as soon as we get back from South Carolina she will start. Oh, we will be seeing Tango on this trip and if Shi and RSG can make the time we will meet them also and I plan to take “Baby” with me to show her off.
Enjoy, but remember…… she fits only one hand… MINE.

Scubie

p1020638.jpg   p1020641.jpg   p1020646.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2011, 05:19 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

That is one sharp looking knife and I like the box it came in as well. Cant wait to see what Glass does for the sheath.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That is a beauty! Please take a couple of close ups, I'd like a closer look. (old eyes)

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You got it Don, here you go...

p1020643.jpg   p1020644.jpg   p1020647.jpg   p1020648.jpg  

Old 07-27-2011, 06:11 AM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Thanks for the pics, those really show the true size of the knife.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:35 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Ook ook, Nitrox. Well struck sir, damn well struck! Did you make the blade? Out of what? What kind of heat treat? Is that top edge sharp? I'm seriously envying your skills there. We need a covetous smiley.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #7

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

I am flattered that you like "YOUR" knife as she was a hard lady to part with for sure. She looks right at home with your Cowboy Action Rig. I am also glad you like the presentation box as she was too precious just to ship in packing material alone. Our communication prior to the build was key to it being tailored to you. I will also take your advice to heart and make sure that my future work has my "Maker's Mark" on them. I am trying to find out how the custom guys do theirs and will need to come up with a design. Maybe our FTF members can help me with a design that will fit easily on a blade. I can't wait to see what Glass will do with the sheath. Judging by the rig she made for you, it will be nothing short of perfection.

It was an honor and a privelige to build her for such a solid FTF brother.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #8

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Sexxxy. Nitro, you should be proud of yourself.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 07-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Nice knife and craftsmanship there Nitrox.

Scubie, you are a lucky turd!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

That is one fine knife! The handle is beautiful, especially the brass cap on the butt.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.