Lets talk Bows ! - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Lets talk Bows !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 04:41 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

im confused...it sounds like we're sayin the same thing to me....
In a round bout way yes u just forgot to mention the ke, an gpi garbage

Old 03-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #42

Liked 217 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Yep my helim was 949.99 went with a lost camo black gold sight custom pin set up I had the do 145$ whisker bisquit sure shot pro rest 85$ axion stabalizer119.99$ yea wtf right its a damn bow not a custom rifle
Ya that's why it took me til now to buy a decent bow, u stick all that money in em and in a few years all u got is a used bow that aint worth diddly

Old 03-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #43

Mulimaster. Yes its a great feeling stalking and drawing on a deer or elk. I love it. As some one said we fought the indians and they used bows. Lol I figure if I can stalk up to 40 ft of a herd of elk and shoot a large buck and kill him with a recurve bow. No trigers or sights. No guards. I can sneak up and do a darn good job on a man with a modern firearm. Scops and range finders. Its the thrill of the hunt. Its the adrenalin rush of being that close to a magnificint bull elk protecting his herd. With only a recurve bow.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by md1911
Mulimaster. Yes its a great feeling stalking and drawing on a deer or elk. I love it. As some one said we fought the indians and they used bows. Lol I figure if I can stalk up to 40 ft of a herd of elk and shoot a large buck and kill him with a recurve bow. No trigers or sights. No guards. I can sneak up and do a darn good job on a man with a modern firearm. Scops and range finders. Its the thrill of the hunt. Its the adrenalin rush of being that close to a magnificint bull elk protecting his herd. With only a recurve bow.
Oh yea I see it now elk snot in yer face old black widow ready to strike that fatal cedar stick, god is it archery season yet this sucks talkin about it

Old 03-09-2012, 04:46 AM   #45

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by md1911
Damn skippy...me and mike both has had elk herds walk us down the middle of the herd before while bow hunting.....i even filled two tags while they were doin it to me. One was a decent 4x3 bull that was about 5 foot from my bow and the cow on the other side of him took it through both lungs and my broadhead lodged in her offside shoulder blade.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 03-09-2012, 04:47 AM   #46

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
In a round bout way yes u just forgot to mention the ke, an gpi garbage
fair enough, GPI is important, but I would argue that when hunting white tail...KE isnt' really an issue.

Id want a huge kinetic energy if i was bow hunting hippo or lion...though really, kinteic energy is higher with a higher draw weight (and grain weight as well)

SO it's really all relative.

All i was trying to say is that I hunt with 70# because it travels faster and gives that buck less time to duck my shot.

It still happens though. This season for example, I missed the same bastard twice at 40 yards.

I got his doe, though, at 45, a week later.

...damnit, now im thinking about those two ducked shots. Those hurt.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:47 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg

Ya that's why it took me til now to buy a decent bow, u stick all that money in em and in a few years all u got is a used bow that aint worth diddly
Thats why I keep sayin ok this yr im not gonna buy tge flagship bow but the damn pressure kills me so I hand over the credit card an go u dumb ass u just did it again

Old 03-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #48

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Oh yea I see it now elk snot in yer face old black widow ready to strike that fatal cedar stick, god is it archery season yet this sucks talkin about it
Yes it does.....luckily for me turkey seadon is next month. So im gonna give mr tom in my aunts back field a sharp jolt w my assassin.....right through the wings w a 125 grizz trick

Old 03-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

fair enough, GPI is important, but I would argue that when hunting white tail...KE isnt' really an issue.

Id want a huge kinetic energy if i was bow hunting hippo or lion...though really, kinteic energy is higher with a higher draw weight (and grain weight as well)

SO it's really all relative.

All i was trying to say is that I hunt with 70# because it travels faster and gives that buck less time to duck my shot.

It still happens though. This season for example, I missed the same bastard twice at 40 yards.

I got his doe, though, at 45, a week later.

...damnit, now im thinking about those two ducked shots. Those hurt.
Im gonna kinda agree with u on the ke stuff , I kinda have a hard time thinkin about it when u have a razor blade goin 280 plus who cares about ke right?? Its still gonna cut some nasty holes

Old 03-09-2012, 04:51 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Yes it does.....luckily for me turkey seadon is next month. So im gonna give mr tom in my aunts back field a sharp jolt w my assassin.....right through the wings w a 125 grizz trick

We start turks april through may so im ready