Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Lets talk Bows !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 03:33 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,074
Liked 200 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
It just sucks payin those big bucks on rage or any broad head
It aint just the broadheads, its everything bow related, like sights 100 bucks or more for a decent sight, 100 bucks give or take for a good drop away, its nuts, I tried a Whisker Biscuit rest, that was a mistake, takin that off asap and gettin a drop away the Biscuit is too loud
__________________
blucoondawg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

It just sucks payin those big bucks on rage or any broad head
Yes it does. Mike look on my fun projects thread...theres one that will interest you greatly. I have the new hoyt alpha maxxis and dont like it. I have a new bowtech assasin elite 3 tester and i love it. Although the helim is my next one....probably trade the hoyt for it. All my bows i shoot summer weight of 70 then crank down to 65 for fall hunts. I shoot rage, slick tricks, or muzzy phantoms. All 125 grain.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg

It aint just the broadheads, its everything bow related, like sights 100 bucks or more for a decent sight, 100 bucks give or take for a good drop away, its nuts, I tried a Whisker Biscuit rest, that was a mistake, takin that off asap and gettin a drop away the Biscuit is too loud
Mail that bisquit to me and you wont have to worry bout it then

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:35 AM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter84
Didn't the Indians shoot bows and arrows? Didn't we win? Why go back? I joke of course.
Becouse I can shoot u an ropin in the arse an not make a sound while marlinman an me sip whiskey an watch u two dance around lmao
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:36 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,074
Liked 200 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Mail that bisquit to me and you wont have to worry bout it then

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
You like those noisy things? Do you run em dry or you put that oil crap on your arrows thats supposed to make em slide nicer?
__________________
blucoondawg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
PSE STANDS FOR PULL SHOOT EXPLODE
LOL i've never heard that before, that's pretty good

But in all honesty, as you said, its a chevy vs ford argument through and through.

I've owned PSE all my hunting life. I've owned one Matthews and one Browning. I prefer PSE. For me, Matthews is the Starbucks of the archery world.

But thats ME. Matthews stands for "Matthews" and should be avoided at all costs

Anyways, to the OP, seriously, please let us know what you're looking for. Hunting, recreation, competition, etc.

It's impossible to make suggestions and give price ranges unless we have that kind of information.
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg

It aint just the broadheads, its everything bow related, like sights 100 bucks or more for a decent sight, 100 bucks give or take for a good drop away, its nuts, I tried a Whisker Biscuit rest, that was a mistake, takin that off asap and gettin a drop away the Biscuit is too loud
Yep my helim was 949.99 went with a lost camo black gold sight custom pin set up I had the do 145$ whisker bisquit sure shot pro rest 85$ axion stabalizer119.99$ yea wtf right its a damn bow not a custom rifle
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
??? Faster is better becouse the faster the arrow an higher the gpi u get higher downrange ke thats what equals quick clean blood sprayin kills, yes I love bowhuntin
im confused...it sounds like we're sayin the same thing to me....
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

LOL i've never heard that before, that's pretty good

But in all honesty, as you said, its a chevy vs ford argument through and through.

I've owned PSE all my hunting life. I've owned one Matthews and one Browning. I prefer PSE. For me, Matthews is the Starbucks of the archery world.

But thats ME. Matthews stands for "Matthews" and should be avoided at all costs

Anyways, to the OP, seriously, please let us know what you're looking for. Hunting, recreation, competition, etc.

It's impossible to make suggestions and give price ranges unless we have that kind of information.
Oh no he didnt lol just messin what really matters is not brand but how it feels an how well u shoot it, as long as u do at least try it right men
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:41 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg

You like those noisy things? Do you run em dry or you put that oil crap on your arrows thats supposed to make em slide nicer?
No i was my arrows w string wax and yes i like em bc i had a 180 class nontypical 12 spook on me at 18 yards bc my NAP drop away dropped my arrow between the reat and the riser of the bow.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Lets talk cache's Jstrong The Club House 11 12-29-2011 03:45 AM
Lets talk high end glass Hot Sauce NARC Optics & Mounts 32 06-17-2010 03:41 AM
lets talk about the taurus pt-25 trstncmpbll Semi-Auto Handguns 21 02-21-2010 04:18 PM
Lets talk realistic ideas... painted_klown Politics, Religion and Controversy 36 11-10-2008 04:21 PM