Lets talk Bows ! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Lets talk Bows !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 03:10 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Any critter taken with a recure or longbow is a true trophy, good job on the elk
Thanks I took him in 2 ft of snow and stalked for well over a hour. I hunt completley traditional. Well pre 1830 clothing tent equipment and all.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #22

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

With the leftoff of modern bows, holding it back is not a challenge. I've never once ran into that problem. I train for long draws in the first place to condition myself. I am willing to trade a longer training session for a higher poundage. The bowmadness xs has a 75% let off...so the difference is holding back 17.5 pounds or 15 pounds. If you choose the 15 pounds, you're sacrificing feet-per-second for 2.5 pounds... It's worth it - to me - to have a higher poundage but YMMV

The point of higher poundage is not for a harder hit on bigger game, it's for a faster traveling arrow. With 2-3 feet per second per draw pound, it adds up fast.
Better technology makes for a greater amount of FPS per pound, and that is equally contingent on your arrow composition. So regardless of anything, a higher poundage will always equal a greater FPS, and a greater FPS is always a deadlier shot

In other words, the lower poundage, the better chance you have for a deer ducking your shot.

That's why I shoot 70#
??? Faster is better becouse the faster the arrow an higher the gpi u get higher downrange ke thats what equals quick clean blood sprayin kills, yes I love bowhuntin

Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #23

Liked 1346 Times on 799 Posts
Likes Given: 415

I bought a Diamond bow last year. I am not a hunter but it's very accurate in my opinion. It's fun to shoot and reliable and has reusable ammo. I can't think of anything negative to say about it.

Also your going to get a work out if your new to it, even compound bows are not as easy as pulling a 4lb trigger.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:23 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by md1911

Thanks I took him in 2 ft of snow and stalked for well over a hour. I hunt completley traditional. Well pre 1830 clothing tent equipment and all.
Thats awesome so many of us get lost in the tech world of 350fps bows ,drop away arrow rests, 10 pin sights, spott hogg this an doinker that we forget about tge magical flight of a cedar arrow an magnus broad head splittin between the elks ribs, god isnt archery magical, u did it in the purest form an thats a true test

Old 03-09-2012, 03:24 AM   #25

Liked 229 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Anyone try the Rage expandable broadheads yet? I never liked the idea but I guess these are better than the expandables of years ago, they have 2 blade and 3 bladers, the 2 blades are over 2" cut and the 3 bladers are 1.75" cut. From what my friends tell me they really blow a hole in a deer, some guys say it looks like you blasted em with a slug or something.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus
I bought a Diamond bow last year. I am not a hunter but it's very accurate in my opinion. It's fun to shoot and reliable and has reusable ammo. I can't think of anything negative to say about it.

Also your going to get a work out if your new to it, even compound bows are not as easy as pulling a 4lb trigger.
I have a diamond iceman it was a very good bow, good thing bowtech kept tge name alivr

Old 03-09-2012, 03:25 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

I have a diamond iceman it was a very good bow, good thing bowtech kept tge name alivr
Edit<kept the name alive>

Old 03-09-2012, 03:28 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg
Anyone try the Rage expandable broadheads yet? I never liked the idea but I guess these are better than the expandables of years ago, they have 2 blade and 3 bladers, the 2 blades are over 2" cut and the 3 bladers are 1.75" cut. From what my friends tell me they really blow a hole in a deer, some guys say it looks like you blasted em with a slug or something.
Yes I shoot them, 2 deer last yr an 2 bull elk 1 in utah, 1 in az the rage is awesome, pass through on both deer an one of the elk, tge other was a high shoulder but near pass through, wicked blood trail on all, it was almost nasty the amount them bulls sprayed

Old 03-09-2012, 03:30 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg
It just sucks payin those big bucks on rage or any broad head

Old 03-09-2012, 03:33 AM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Didn't the Indians shoot bows and arrows? Didn't we win? Why go back? I joke of course.