LEOs and military guys, please help me out. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > LEOs and military guys, please help me out.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 05:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Take care and I would like to read your article when you finish.
It's a series of reviews for Argentine magazines, nothing too special. I just like to do my research as thoroughly as possible. Since some of the knives are sold as tools geared to fill the needs of soldiers and LEOs I'm trying to get some real world info from as many different people in those lines of work as possible.

Hot Sauce NARC, check out the Spyderco Gayle Bradley. It's a very nice design with a CPM-M4 tool steel blade that you might like. It's pricey, at around $135, but worth it since there aren't many quality folding knives with this kind of steel out there (and most are coated, which I hate). Spyderco Gayle Bradley 3-7/16" CPM-M4 Blade, Carbon Fiber Handles Model C134CFP - Knifecenter.com

The information you guys are supplying is really useful, I like that all of you have different job requirements and knife needs. I've already noticed that I might have stressed the weapon aspect of the knife too much.

Let me add another quick question. Do you guys get any knife training or do you have to attend private courses? Here in Argentina hand to hand combat techniques taught at police academies are very basic, the bare minimum baton stuff and a couple of holds at most.

Thanks again for taking the time to post all this info!

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 07-12-2010, 04:28 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Training? What training ?

Hell they barely gave us enough time to become proficient with our guns. Thankfully I come from a family that emphasized combat shooting over basketball lol. Here in Illinois they give you 40 hours with your pistol and some non combative control tactics on cooperative subjects, but that is it......very sad.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #13

I think a spyerco rescue or military.

Admiral Yamamoto: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

"But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
- Dalai Lama