Leatherman Multitool for pocket carry? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

Leatherman Multitool for pocket carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have several Leatherman Wave and I love them but will never pocket carry those rather belt carry in the holster. I carry a Swiss Army knife (Commander) and a Kershaw Leek in my pockets instead.

Amazon.com: Wenger 16939 Commander Swiss Army 3-1/4-Inch Knife: Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: Kershaw Ken Onion Leek Folding Knife with Speed Safe: Sports & Outdoors

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Old 10-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #12

i bought the same stuff - Kershaw Ken Onion Leek Folding Knife

Leatherman Multitool for pocket carry? - Other Weapons Leatherman Multitool for pocket carry? - Other Weapons
Leatherman Multitool for pocket carry? - Other Weapons

Old 10-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #13

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

I have an original Leatherman. Its hinge is loose. I kept pinching my fingers with it. They have a lifetime warranty but I havenít sent it back.

I have a VERY nice Gerber version. The Gerberís plierís jaws are spring loaded pliers and pop open by themselves when you release pressure on its handles. Itís a lot nicer to tighten or loosen a nut, or cut or strip a wire with it. All the other tools are first rate and lock. The rear of the blade is serrated. And it is SO nice not be pinching my fingers with it.

I keep it in the glove compartment. Sometimes I carry it my bag. It is too heavy and too big for a purse. It does come with a belt sheath. Women's pants don't have big pockets, if they have them at all. You could carry it work pants, I wouldn't think in suit pants, but that's true of the Leatherman too.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I carried the Leatherman Wave in Iraq, and was glad to have it.

Story time:
Once upon a time, a young lance corporal of Marines was unloading a truck full of "stuff" that was to be delivered to the company cp. This young feller came across several large shipping boxes of Leatherman Waves. When this young LCpl asked the company XO, "Sir, are these for us?" the XO replied with an evil sneer, "Hell no, devil nuts, they're good will gifts for some of the locals, so we can win the hearts and minds you freaking tard".

The young Lance Corporal leading this B.S. working party was very disheartened and upset. He had been in this crap hold country for 8 months already and was sick and tired of getting shot at, having crap explode around him at random, and having to put up with the total idiocy of his chain of command.

So the young Marine had a bright idea. While no one was looking he just grabbed one of the boxes, walked into his squad leader's berthing area bold as brass, and dropped them on the Sergeant's cot. He then ripped open the box, grabbed one to put in his pocket, and said loud and clear, "I just jacked these from the CP, enjoy!!" And all the Marines in the platoon mysteriously reported that their families had all coincidentally sent them the same model multi tool at the same time.

A few long months later, this same industrious Marine was out on patrol, and somehow managed to trip on something. While laying on his side after busting his lip on his SAW, he looks to see what is wrapped around his feet. It was a nest of wires leading to a pair of 155MM rounds buried in a shallow depression. So he snatched out his Leatherman and began cutting all wires as fast as possible, after all, he thought, sometimes the unknown is better than the known.

Yeah, I'd give my left one to have it back.
I have one on my flack from when I was a boot saw gunner. Still there never know when you will need it!

Old 11-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #15

Liked 70 Times on 39 Posts

Yeah, I ended up buying a Skeletool. It's a little smaller than my Buck knife that it replaced, but it's a damn handy little tool.

I might buy me a Wave or Surge to go in the truck once I start surveying this summer.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #16

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I've been carrying the original leatherman whenever I go afield, on the water or at the range. Have had mine for many years, in fact, I'm on my second leather case for the original tool. I don't know much about the newer models but the first ones out are still tops in my humble opinion.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:27 AM   #17

Leatherman MUT. 29 tools of absolute unnecessary bad a$$-ness at the ready whenever you need. More or less for AR shooters, but it does EVERYTHING!!! twice!

Old 11-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

They're great for pocket carry. Just don't take one to an airport. I saw a show the other night about what the TSA confiscates, and the Leatherman is the number one item from men. One airport the show visited had several cases of Leatherman multi-tools sitting there. Hundreds and hundreds. I'd love to know what they do with them.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #19
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesaritchie View Post
They're great for pocket carry. Just don't take one to an airport. I saw a show the other night about what the TSA confiscates, and the Leatherman is the number one item from men. One airport the show visited had several cases of Leatherman multi-tools sitting there. Hundreds and hundreds. I'd love to know what they do with them.
Christmas presents.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 11-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #20

Liked 1153 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

I have the Wave and I really like it however its heavy for pocket carry and really needs to be on a belt , There is really everything you would ever need in it and the cutters are super sharp and dont have a hard time cutting much of anything , Good thing is if you wear it out send it in they will fix it free. I dont carry mine every day but I do carry it alot , regardless there is always a knife in my pocket wether its on my belt or not .