Leatherman Multitool for pocket carry?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Leatherman Multitool for pocket carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 02:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 58 Times on 32 Posts

Default Leatherman Multitool for pocket carry?

I'm thinking about getting either a Leatherman Wave or Skeletool to replace my worn-down Buck Bantam, are these things gonna be small enough for every-day pocket carry? I mean there's no point in having the stupid versatility if I can't fit the damn thing in my jeans pocket.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-11-2011, 02:57 AM   #2

Liked 178 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Been carrying an original Leatherman for years, excellent tool to have around. Inexpensive rugged and useful.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:59 AM   #3

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
Been carrying an original Leatherman for years, excellent tool to have around. Inexpensive rugged and useful.

What he said. I have one in the car, the truck, my desk, and one on the counter that makes it back to my pocket most mornings.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 10-11-2011, 03:03 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8842 Times on 3828 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Leatherman is like a Swiss Army knife (which I carry) in that they come in different sizes. I have an original leatherman that is just a smidge bigger than a regular 3 blade pocket knife. And then I have the leatherman that has a small chain saw, a rock drill, a blasting cap crimper, and a winch. THAT one rides in the belt case.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:15 AM   #5

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I carried the Leatherman Wave in Iraq, and was glad to have it.

Story time:
Once upon a time, a young lance corporal of Marines was unloading a truck full of "stuff" that was to be delivered to the company cp. This young feller came across several large shipping boxes of Leatherman Waves. When this young LCpl asked the company XO, "Sir, are these for us?" the XO replied with an evil sneer, "Hell no, devil nuts, they're good will gifts for some of the locals, so we can win the hearts and minds you freaking tard".

The young Lance Corporal leading this B.S. working party was very disheartened and upset. He had been in this crap hold country for 8 months already and was sick and tired of getting shot at, having crap explode around him at random, and having to put up with the total idiocy of his chain of command.

So the young Marine had a bright idea. While no one was looking he just grabbed one of the boxes, walked into his squad leader's berthing area bold as brass, and dropped them on the Sergeant's cot. He then ripped open the box, grabbed one to put in his pocket, and said loud and clear, "I just jacked these from the CP, enjoy!!" And all the Marines in the platoon mysteriously reported that their families had all coincidentally sent them the same model multi tool at the same time.

A few long months later, this same industrious Marine was out on patrol, and somehow managed to trip on something. While laying on his side after busting his lip on his SAW, he looks to see what is wrapped around his feet. It was a nest of wires leading to a pair of 155MM rounds buried in a shallow depression. So he snatched out his Leatherman and began cutting all wires as fast as possible, after all, he thought, sometimes the unknown is better than the known.

Yeah, I'd give my left one to have it back.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:44 AM   #6
lkd

There's so many Leatherman choices, but I like the New Wave. Locking blades accessible w/o opening the tool = Awesome.

BTW, if you don't need pliers (but seriously, who doesn't?), you should check out the new Victorinox Swiss Army knives. Just sayin.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
And then I have the leatherman that has a small chain saw, a rock drill, a blasting cap crimper, and a winch. THAT one rides in the belt case.
That's the kind I'm gonna ask Santa to bring me this year.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #8

Liked 58 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkd View Post
There's so many Leatherman choices, but I like the New Wave. Locking blades accessible w/o opening the tool = Awesome.

BTW, if you don't need pliers (but seriously, who doesn't?), you should check out the new Victorinox Swiss Army knives. Just sayin.
Pretty sure the Skeletool's blade can do the same thing.

The only thing I'm kinda iffy about is the blade size on both of 'em, I think the Wave's is just under 3 inches and the Skeletool's is like 2 and a half. The thing I loved about the Buck Bantam was that the blade was big and rugged enough to do crap that a knife wasn't supposed to do.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:22 AM   #9
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2140 Times on 1163 Posts
Likes Given: 771

Leatherman Juice would be easier to pocket carry.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 10-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The Wave with the optional pocket clip can be carried in a pocket. Without it,it's just a bit large for comfort. I regularly carry the Juice S2.