Law Enforcment knife

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Law Enforcment knife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Law Enforcment knife

Hat would be the best knife for Law Enforcement?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2011, 02:33 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A couple years ago spyderco made a knife called the civilian, I believe. It was intended for plain clothes police with a hawkbill type blade, not truly hooked, but enough to make it quite effective at slashing. Worth a look.

EXPENDABLE

Old 11-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

While the Civilian may have been initially intended for plain clothes police, it is not very practical for LE use. The blade is very curved and has a very fine point, slashing is just about the only application.

A good LE knife needs to be multi-purpose. It depends on what your main duties are. A partially serrated blade is great for all types of cutting. A knife with a seat belt cutter and window breaker are very useful if you are on patrol. If you are working nacotics, a knife with a slight curve in the blade, like the Spyderco Cricket, is great for checking bundles. The size, and manner of opening and closing, depends on your personal preference. Personally, I carry several knives, I have a serrated Spyderco Cricket, a serrated Spyderco Endura, and a Leatherman. With those 3, and my seatbelt cutter/window breaker, I can do just about anything.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 11-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #4

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt View Post
While the Civilian may have been initially intended for plain clothes police, it is not very practical for LE use. The blade is very curved and has a very fine point, slashing is just about the only application.

A good LE knife needs to be multi-purpose. It depends on what your main duties are. A partially serrated blade is great for all types of cutting. A knife with a seat belt cutter and window breaker are very useful if you are on patrol. If you are working nacotics, a knife with a slight curve in the blade, like the Spyderco Cricket, is great for checking bundles. The size, and manner of opening and closing, depends on your personal preference. Personally, I carry several knives, I have a serrated Spyderco Cricket, a serrated Spyderco Endura, and a Leatherman. With those 3, and my seatbelt cutter/window breaker, I can do just about anything.
+1 on this. A good knife for a cop is not necessarily the same as a good combat knife. If a cop is in a knife fight, there is something very seriously wrong. A good one would be very versatile and multipurpose, like with the seat belt cutter and window breaker as mentioned by glass.