Large Fixed Blade Sheath Knife - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Large Fixed Blade Sheath Knife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 03:39 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I personally carry a Overall 13 and 1/2 '' Bowie Skinner with me, Surgical Steel Blade, Brass Bolster, Cocobolo wood hand and a Leather Sheath. It goes through Flesh like a hot knife through butter and through bone with ease.

If I was to get another Knife though, I'd get a 7'' Blade Ka-Bar USMC Fighting knife, I have a freind who bought one. According to him, Its an amazing knife, He uses it for everything from Hammering something to Lunging after a Coyote. ( Hes half-a** nutts so that explains the last thing.)
( around $60, Depends on where you buy it)

Old 03-10-2010, 05:26 AM   #22

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeehs View Post
I personally carry a Overall 13 and 1/2 '' Bowie Skinner with me, Surgical Steel Blade, Brass Bolster, Cocobolo wood hand and a Leather Sheath. It goes through Flesh like a hot knife through butter and through bone with ease.

If I was to get another Knife though, I'd get a 7'' Blade Ka-Bar USMC Fighting knife, I have a freind who bought one. According to him, Its an amazing knife, He uses it for everything from Hammering something to Lunging after a Coyote. ( Hes half-a** nutts so that explains the last thing.)
( around $60, Depends on where you buy it)
Ka-Bar is the ultimate knife. Mel Blanc drew every cel of every Road Run/Wyle E. Coyote cartoon using only a Ka-Bar. The anvils that land on Wyle E. are symbolic of the awesomeness of a Ka-Bar. Remember the episode wherein Wyle E. makes that remote control robot? That represents Mel drawing the cartoons, because he simply laid on an Indian rug and used his mind to make the knife do the animation. It's really that versatile.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 03-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yup. What he said.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-30-2010, 05:55 AM   #24

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have a SOG, Gov-Tac. It seems to do all the general things well enough for me, although I have not tried anything too demanding. I have heard a couple of people claim the the tac's tip is prone to breaking, but I can't imagine how they "repeatedly" break the tip - and if it sucks so bad - why they keep buying the same knife...
I think they're the problem and not the knife so much.

But anyhow - take a look at it, see if its for you. the sheath is a type of plastic though.

6.1 inches long, AUS 8 steel (i think) . Can be black/camo or greyed out bevel.

1.jpg   2.jpg  

Old 04-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I have an 8" clip point marked Roewappen, Solingen. It is by far the nicest piece of steel I've ever owned. I wish I was adept and could post pictures, but alas, I'm a dolt.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #26

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

One word, Busse.
Find em on ebay if the Busse online store is out.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
Anybody know of a good fixed blade sheath knife? preferably something good for cutting through meat and hide instead of rope and wood. Should be able to cut pretty deep, and should come with a decent sheath no plastic stuff.
I personally wouldnt be bias against a plastic sheath...I would look at the Becker (ka-bar) BK-7 or BK-9...for under $80 with a smaller knife in the sheath system that comes with it you wont get better for the price, look in the right places and you can get one for $60, 1095 carbon steel cryo heat treated.

Robert.B - SA fanatic.
Lupus non mordet lupum.
==========================================
- Cimarron "Pistolero" in .45 Colt, 4 3/4" barrel.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #28

Hi,
I'm pretty certain I can make a knife to your specifications. All my knives have elk or deer antler handles. I offer various styles and sizes of blades. I used 420c stainless steel and 440c stainless steel with a mirror finish. Will you please use the link below to see a Facebook photo album of some of the knives I made? Click on a picture to enlarge it. Each photo has a detailed description of the knife in the caption. If you see one you like, let me know. You can contact me at rp50817@windstream.net. I'm a Forum vendor. I also can provide a quality custom handmade sheath for your knife. Here's the link:
Newest custom handmade knives | Facebook
Take care,
Randy

Old 10-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #29

Default Mixed personality

Having wanted a good quality knife; one to enjoy; from the creator or artist
I have an issue with banging; slamming; gouging; digging; dragging; or in any way messing it up.
Many of these "arts" would serve me well; until I have to use it. lolol
I choose for my pack; KaBar, Mora, with Gerber on my side. Each have a specific purpose for my thinking.

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 10-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #30

One of my favorite makers.
Ernie Grospitch Custom Knifemaker