Knives as weapons - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Knives as weapons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Here in NY, if it is longer than a 6 inch blade, is a gravity, switch, or ballistic knife it is not legal, exceptions being used when hunting or fishing. The big thing they seem to focus on is if it is designed to "intimidate" when it is seen. Open or concealed makes no difference, it is not a weapon unless it falls into one of the above categories or it is used as such.

As too enforcement, as long as you are not being stupid, there is rarely ever a problem. I have only been questioned on the knife I am carrying by a LEO a couple of times. the main question I get is "Where did you get that, and where can I buy one?", which I answer honestly when asked. Most of the time, the LEO and I will wind up comparing EDC knives at that point, and I even have one that was offered in trade for the one I was carrying at the time of the conversation. Knife laws here are about as relaxed as the laws regarding where you can CC a handgun in this state.
usually, if a LEO is giving you grief over the knife you are carrying, you probably have some other problems going on he's concerned with!
People Like This 
Old 12-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #12

Liked 32 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Kansas knife laws are fantastic. Among getting rid of the previous prohibitions, it prevents municipalities from passing ordinances against knives as well.

http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14/measures/documents/hb2033_enrolled.pdf

Old 12-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #13

Liked 45 Times on 34 Posts

I think it is important to note that a concealed carry permit entitles the bearer to carry a gun but in many states it does not give you any more liberty when it comes to a blade... for instance... in Missouri you are still restricted to the exact same knife laws that non permit holders are even though you are allowed to carry what many feel is a more serious weapon...
Agent_H Likes This