knife sheath suggestions

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > knife sheath suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default knife sheath suggestions

hello, i am looking for a better knife sheath. i'm not happy with sheath that came with my coldsteel leatherneck. the snap or latch to secure the knife, constantly gets in the way when returning the knife. also, the knife is very loose while in sheath, it does not feel secure at all. i used to have a bayonet for a m16/m4, gift from my dad when he got back from desert storm, the sheath that came with that guy was great. you didn't need to strap it in, the plastic sheath was so tight, all i did was put the knife/bayonet back in, and was secured, very snug. i'm looking for a sheath that i can just put the knife in and go on. any suggestions? i've been searching and found that people are making sheaths out of kydex, forty five plus shipping, seems like a lot to me...

thanks,
joe

Last edited by talbertjm; 02-02-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #2

Liked 280 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Have you tried looking on Amazon? There are great finds on Amazon that you wouldnt expect to find.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #3

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Get yourself some thin kydex and make your own. I need to go pick up some more for future projects. If u have a place to get it their scraps are reasonably cheap and usually more than enough to build stuff like that

Old 02-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Get yourself some thin kydex and make your own. I need to go pick up some more for future projects. If u have a place to get it their scraps are reasonably cheap and usually more than enough to build stuff like that
do you have an idea on what to put the oven temp to.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #5

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbertjm View Post
do you have an idea on what to put the oven temp to.
Just put it on a pan and leave it in until its soft and pliable I think I set my oven at 200 and left it in for about 6-7 min. Just check it often